Cold Urticaria

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

just joined as not getting very far with the doctors etc.. im now 54 and had cold urticaria when i was approx 7, went to the docs back then and they said he would grow out of it. Within a year i did! 2 years ago it reappeared and anything below 14'C it starts to reappear, a cold wind will trigger it, even walking down the cold isle in a supermarket triggers it if i dont cover my arms. Luckily for me it will disappear as soon as i warm up, but it is beginning to stop me from doing things, cant have that dip in the swimming pool on holiday, take the bike out unless a hot sunny day etc... i understand this might sound alittle trivial for some i have read have it far worse, but im not to keen on taking too many tablets, the doctors prescribed me 7 tablets a day to try and stop it, but to me that seems to many. Any direction on how others have tried to crack it, many thanks for any advise.

Gary

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Cold air can cause hives especially in really cold rooms. It also depends on fabrics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.