Coming off Bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

l am having a very hard time! Been off 2weeks . Just got out of the hospital and still my heart races after a few steps Would like to talk to anyone that is going through this also after a few steps my pulse is in the 120's and 130's How long should this last? Been off two weeks. Was taking2 1/2 mg of Bisoprolol Fumarate.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Doladarlene,

Sorry to hear about your withdrawal. I was proscribed bisoprolol fumerate a couple of weeks ago (2.5 mg), to control Afib (which I only get rarely waking up in the night after drinking alcohol). Since being on this drug of have been getting crippling anxiety attacks which seem to come and go randomly (although I have noticed that attacks are more likely after eating). They can last anything up to 6 hours at a time. I had never had these types of anxiety attacks ever before. It has totally ruined my quality of life and I feel unable to go about my normal routine as I am unsure as to when an attack is going to occur.

I have now decided that I am going to stop taking this drug, as I am convinced it is what is causing the problem. However, after reading this forum I am scared to completely cold turkey, and am thinking of tapering to 1.25mg first.

How is your withdrawal going? Were you taking bisrolol for a long time before quitting?

I am scared, I am 50 and have never felt so unwell after taking these drugs. The GPs put it down to just anxiety about the condition, but these anxiety attacks come out of the blue, even when I am not having anxious thoughts, and nothing like this ever occurred before this drug two weeks ago.

I'd be very interested to hear of your progress and anybody else's experience, as I feel at my wits end!

Kind regards,

Jake

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.