glad i'm not alone

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there..so so glad i'm not alone in this nightmare..i was prescibed tramdol then dihydrocodiene for chronic lower back pain i was taking the tramadol for 2 weeks without any pain relief--then my GP precribed dihydrocodiene 2x30ml- after a few days of taking them i was feeling like sh*t- no energy and feeling constantly sedated- so as having 2 young kids i felt i had to stop and try to manage the pain myself-no use being mum to my kids when i felt like a junkie all of the day--i was not prepared for the nightmare of withrawal. I took my last dose on Monday- I felt quite sad and down on Tuesday but didn't give it too much thought by Wednesday morning i had this overwhelmimg feel of panic and extreme sadness i spent most of the day in tears and just wanting to feel 'NORMAL' it's now Thursday and feeling just the same as yestersay.

I HAVE GOT RID OF THE TABLETS SO AS NOT TO BE TEMPTED TO EASE THIS TRUELY AWFUL FEELING.

can you one tell when this is going to end? from what i have read i still have several days to go.

your thought would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there LM :angel:

I cant understand why the doctor has prescribed both as I have arthritis in my hip and degenerative discs in my spine and I have had different types of pain killers at different times, I personally think Tramdol doesn't work on its own as I take anti-inflammatories with Tramadol but I have never taken another pain reliever apart from paracetamol as no wonder your feeling groggy!!!!! The only thing though I would say don't suddenly come off these tablets as it usually says this in your medication leaflet as you could get side effects??

Have you looked to see on here what other people are on with your complaint? I would also go straight back to your GP and tell him your concerns?

Kind Regards

SES

:diva:

• Posted

Gosh thats terrible after such a short time and small dose :?
  • Posted

[quote=\"SES\"]Hi there LM :angel:

I cant understand why the doctor has prescribed both ........................

- sorry I mis read your thread (due to trying to get my little one off to sleep), as Spock said you [u:af9551fe68]you maybe on a low dose [/u:af9551fe68]and like I have said Tramadol does not work on their own, that is my expreience anyway, please do see your doctor with your concerns xx

Kind Regards

SES

:diva:

• Posted

Oh im sorry, I meant I was shocked the lady is having such a terrible reaction after such a short time and low dose of DHC smile
  • Posted

Hi Spock

Yeah I see what you mean, but we all have different tollerances, and as this may be low dose to me or you but this lady seemed heavily sedated with no energy when taking the dihydrocodiene and so it obviously didn't agree with LM. I had co-codamol at one time and I thought it was awful stuff this didn't agree with me neither, making me feel wasted and weary and so I was prescribed Tramadol the only thing though as I have said Tramadol I think doesn't work on it own, but that is my opinion!!!!

I do hope LM you have been to the Doctor and told him/her your concerns and so you are now controlling your pain xx

Kind Regards

SES

• Posted

hi l.m.

took about 3 weeks for me to start to feel much better.was on a low dose at the end but even so withdrawal was vile. night-crawlies etc. very low, esteem issues etc, paranoid too.

keep in there, watch out for relapse.

take care.

w,w.:D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.