Prostatitis Cure - So far so good.

Posted , 36 users are following.

I am 34 years old and had prostate prostate problems since early 20's. From around 3 years ago the problem became increasingly worse and had seriously impacted my lifestyle. I had problems urinating. Would wake up 3-5 times a night only to urinate a few drops. I had extreme pain sitting down for more than 15mins. I never thought looking at a chair would bring such dread. I would regularly leave social events due to the extreme pain or just avoid it all together.

My doctor prescribed me very strong antibiotics which initially started with 2 week treatment. This worked the first time but the condition came back a few months later. with each return visit he would prescribe stronger and longer treatment of antibiotics, from 3 months upto 4months. Unfortunately these were no longer effective. I even saw an experienced Urologist and he basically told me that he see's someone like me coming into his clinic 1-3 times a week and basically told me there is no cure and that I would just have to live with it.

Because of the extreme pain and the negative impact it was having on my life, I scowered the internet and tried almost everything from drinking brocolli juice, litres of cranberry juice, taking hot baths, vitamins, oils, avoiding coffee, garlic, onions, chilli, weird stretch exercises, all that. None which worked.

Out of desperation I even tried one dubious vitamins which you could buy from the USA which had no FDA approval (this was actually the most effective). I even purchased another dubious product which you insert up your anus. Fortunately I did not have to use this smile

I am no doctor and I am not sure if this will work for you. But I know the pain you guys are going through and if my story helps one person, then its well worth it.

The remedy which worked for me is avoiding Gluten! simple as that. Ever since avoiding gluten the symptoms have gone 95%. I dont think about it prostatitis anymore because it doesnt impact my life!. Sometimes it is difficult to avoid gluten all together and sometimes I would eat a piece of bread or have a beer. And sometimes it would flair up a little bit but this is miniscule compared to the pain I was in during the torturous times.

I hope this works for you too.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Was yours bacterial or non bacterial prosatitis??

• Posted

It most often seems to be non bsacterial so why did they prescribe antiobiotics?

When I had laser Thulium Laser surgey for my BPH last year I thought that prostatitis would be a thing of the past. However it has returned in the past two weeks. Mine is worse during the night when laying down and improves  after getting up.

• Posted

I queried my doctor the same thing. He didn't give a straight answer and because the anti biotics (nofloxacin) worked the first time he basically prescribed then again and again. I was just happy to take them considering the pain I was in.

My condition was different to yours. I was ok at night ( apart from frequent urination). It became bad when I had to sit down and became increasingly painful the longer I sat.

I hope you recover buddy.

• Posted

Sorry to hear.  I stopped Cipro after reading the reviews and the black box FDA warning
  • Posted

Hi Joe

Im in the uk but that doesnt realy matter to much I guess where ever you are treatments are much the same.

My problem was very much the same as yours this was 7 years ago and the final straw was sitting in a traffic jam and bursting to go to the toilet. I did a flow test which measures how much you pass and how much is left in the bladder. This was very poor as most times it was small amounts. I had lazor treatment in which the obstruction which is partly caused by the prostrate is burnt away. opening up the flow and it cured the problem.

I was in hospital in the morning and back home by 7pm. bleed quite a bit and had a cathetur but stopped after two weeks.

The problem i found that there were other issues which needed investigating and by the time they finished testing i had stage 4 prostrate cancer.that was four years ago and in still here.

regards

peter

Some times you have to insist on treatment if they think your ok no one cares.

• Posted

Thanks Peter, my urine flow is now normal. But I heed your advice. Will closely monitor with regular check ups. Thanks

• Posted

I recently just cured my chronic prostatitis of just over 2 years. I tried Cipro and other antibiotics from the doctor but like most, it went away and came back. After several dietary changes, organic supplements etc. I came across peppermint oil capsules from a local whole foods store and I KID YOU NOT, my prostatitis went away within a week. In the morning and evening I would also drink warm water with Apple cider vinegar and honey. I don't trust the doctors to have my best interest at heart. The reality is, God made everything in nature to cure us. This did it for me. I hope this helps and I pray your healing is swift and supernatural. All the best

• Posted

An amazing story! I hope you advise your urologist who said that you just have to live with it. You know, they don't learn about gluten in med school and urologists don't know a thing they didn't learn from their residency. Ask that same urologist if he knows anything about urolift, chances are he doesn't and it is being used worldwide instead of turp with patients who qualify. The internet is the best communication device ever created. Chances are that your story will help many men worldwide. They will owe you a debt of gratitude. 
    • Posted

I hope so Ron. I dont want to give other people false hope. but given the pain they are going though it and my understanding of this pain..I feel anything is worth a try. 
    • Posted

Have you tried Prostate massage? it is reputed to help as Theile's massage  helps women with pelvic pain and cystitis.  
    • Posted

Hi Ron,I read you had the Holep procedure.How are doing after Holep ?
    • Posted

Hi Bill, my Holep was done by Dr Humphreys at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix on Oct 31,2014. I don't know how they can expose so much raw area in the prostate and then run salty urine through it without any pain and almost no bleeding.  I had a bit of discomfort, that's all, never any pain pills. I had pink urine for 7 days and then that and the discomfort stopped completely. Just amazingly easy on me, the patient. The catheter came out the next morning and I checked out. My son and I stayed at the Hotel on the Mayo campus Saturday and then Sunday drove up to Jerome and walked the streets of that mountain town all day.

I had a large third lobe protruding into the bladder and this had stretched out the bladder neck until I was incontinent there in Jerome and on the trip home I had to wear Depends. Not a big deal, had to change Depends at each of three airports.

Now I get an urge to go about every 3 1/2 hours during the day and I can wait a half hour to find a bathroom if I need to. If I go four hours I'll probably start to leak a little so I watch that really close. Same thing at night, I get an urge after about four hours and then I'm up about 7:00 or so.  

Now I know what "Peeing like a race horse means". 3 or 4 days after surgery I began peeing like a teenager, and I don't believe I had done that for 30 years or so.  

If not for the third lobe I wouldn't have had any leakage at all. I'm sure that concern will stop entirely in time and it's not much of a worry anyway.

I would certainly recommend Holep at the Mayo with Dr Humphreys without any reservation at all. Just an amazing simple routine, for me at least, I understand that it is difficult and a lengthy procedure from the surgeon's standpoint. I have great regard and admiration for the few urologists who undergo intensive and lengthy training, moreso than any other method in order to perform this surgery when they could do the other methods much quicker and easier for them.

There's no other explanation than that they have great empathy for the patient and want to do the best job they can. My hat is off to them and their mentor Dr Linegan who trained most of them in the US, if not all.         

• Posted

Is your bladder returning to normal,I think mine has thicker muscel from years of retension.I had the PAE a year ago next week,i'm better but still have uti's and burning on urination.

But then at times I have decent flow without any discomfort.

• Posted

Well, I don't know about the condition of my bladder, one urologist who showed me the cystoscope image on a monitor only commented that there were a few places where the bladder had pushed out small protrusions from inside and that the bladder had been working hard. I don't believe that I had ever retained huge amounts of urine like some of the posters who had retained a liter or more.  The one time that I self-cathed and drained the bladder dry there was not more than 200-300 ML at most.  My largest problem was that when I needed to go I just couldn't hold it at all and I had little warning. I get a good thirty minute warning now and I'm good with that. If it never gets any better than now I'm content. 

I think that PAE shows great promise but is similiar to Holep in that it requires much more surgical skill than Green Light or Turp and some others and this accounts for the great differences between the results for different patients.  What i don't hear about PAE is once the effect of the surgery has been realized, say after a year as in your case, will the prostate continue to grow? Do you know how much smaller the prostate is now compared to before surgery? What's the long-term prognosis?    

• Posted

My prostate was 96g B4 the PAE and six months after PAE it was down to 63g.

My biggest issue now is I still get uti's that allways test negative for infection

after a week of antibiotics i am OK,then within a couple weeks it starts again.I'm lucky that I userally don't have to get up during the night.

The MRI showed prostate protruding into my bladder.doc said that can create pockets in the bladder for urine ,maybe causing the uti's.

Thats why I wondered how much the bladder will recover if I had a turp or holep.

• Posted

63 grm is still massive and urlogists advise surgery long before that sze is reached.
    • Posted

I'll bet the PAE did not address the third lobe and that's why it protrudes into the bladder. As I posted earlier to day, the third lobe will continue to grow and cause more problems at the bladder neck. I would think that removing that third lobe would at least stop the UTI's. 
    • Posted

Your post should be re-posted in the big PAE thread.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.