Any Guys on Oristat?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondered if there are any guys in this forum and if there are, what their  perspective is on Oristat?

Are they experiencing rapid weight loss, do that have any symtoms to report other than the " Orange Thingy"  :-(

///*.*\\\

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I have just completed 12 wks on oristat. I was 89.9 have gone down to 81.1 . I am so happy I have lost this weight. I already feel a lot better.  I have no simp toms .except ORANGE thingy. Which I have never mentioned. I was so embarresed about it. It also looks very oily!!!!! I am losing weight to have a operation. The consultant told me to come back when I am 63.4 . Sounds like a lot of weight to lose. But I NEED this op. I am eating lots of fruite and veg and white meat. Gone are the cakes sweets biscuits. Ice cream. Sugar. Ect. The doc has given me 12 months to lose this weigh!!!it is so very hard. To be good!!!xxx
    • Posted

Hiya :-)

Well done you!

Re: "Orange thingy" it seems to happen to the best of us at some point, I think its a good reminder to be careful of what we are eating to be honest.

Its a long road we are all having to travel, but it can be done if we take it a bit at a time. From my point of view I dont want to become too obsessed about my diet and try to actually enjoy what I am eating even if it is very low fat.

Do you go to a gym? swim or take long walks? I started swimming 3 months ago, but got a chest infection,which then turned into Pneumonia :-( I am now trying to get over it after 2 different lots of anti biotics, so its just slow walks at the moment.

The fact that you need an operation *should*be a good incentive to be "good" as you put it. If you give it your best shot and you will achieve more then you think possible. If you have a supportive partner/spouse it helps no end.

There is a wealth of support in the forum, so if ever you are feeling its getting a bit hard to cope with just post a message for a wee bit of help or support...The lovely Britney is so kind and supportive, I'm just a newbie really it's my 11th day on Oristat, but I would be more than happy to give any positive support I can and there are plenty of others on here that would too.

I was beginning to think there were no guys in this Forum, I was wondering how it fitted in with their lifestyles in general? Maybe a there are some that just read the posts, but like to be anonymous!

Dont be a stranger, you have new friends on here x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi thanks for your support. I started going the gym/baths. Found the gym too heavy going for me. So I swam which I enjoyed! However like you my chest started playing me up. I do hope you are feeling better!  I had to stop swimming. However I have a beautifull dog called Dennis who I walk every day!  I am thinking about trying to cycle??? I do have a very supportive hubby!! Who tells me off good style when I go for the biscuit barrel. Incouragement me as much as he can!!!he has never had a weight problem in his life!!!lucky man!!!  Re men on the site! Maybe they don't want to share!!!me I have only just found the site and think its wonderfull .today is my first day!!!good luck with your oristat. I have just finished my 12 wks. Go back to see doctor on Thursday ! Will have to see what she says. Re orange thingy! I was thinking it was all the oranges iv been eating!!  And not putting it down to the tabs.dont want to say what my ops for!  But I'm 42 E. So you can guess?????well I have just counted my weight loss!! I think in 5lb bags of potatoes!!makes me feel good!!  So I have lost FOUR bags of pots!!!!makes me feel fantastic!!!i think I have lost it all from my tummy!!!!!no wonder I can get up the stairs better!!!!!thanks for replying xxx
    • Posted

I thought about that operation myself at one point, that was when I was a 38DD, at present a 40F since I gained weight and I would give anything to be back tot hat size right now.

I seem to be carrying a lot of fat around my back too, heck! who am I kidding! its everywhere! sad

I used to walk my dog a couple of miles a day, but the poor little dear ruptured both her cruciate ligament in her back legs, so walks kinda cut down to 30 mins max. I did try cycling, purchased a bike, but boy does it hurt!  eek I have purchased 4 saddles so far and it still hurts to ride it.

I think its is good idea to have an idea in volume how much one looses, I have to actually see it! I am going to put bags of sugar in a carry bag for each KG I loose :-) I think I shall end up with lots of bags of sugar by the end of this, but it does not go off !

Re: *Orange thingy* You thought you had been eating too many oranges? oh gosh! that did make me laugh when I read it!  I think that maybe men have a harder time with it than women really, you never know, maybe the odd one will reply, it cant be just us girlies on here?

You will love this site Roberta, some of the posts are quite whitty and will make you giggle!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Witty????just like eating too many oranges!!! , ,ah!ah!well were are all the men who are trying to lose weight????? FAT everywhere!!!but remember one day at a time!!!!!and slowly but surely!!!! IT WILL COME OFFF!!!!  sorry about your little doggy! Hope better soon!!what have you had to eat today!!!!????? I had 2 orange for bfast!!lunch pineapple. Chunks with low fat Greek you yogurt. I'm very good bfast and lunch!! I start failing at tea time!!!so far NO SNACKS!!!!!!!!!i will keep it up!!!!!!the bike is in the garage waiting Togo!!!!!!
    • Posted

Cup of decaf tea with soya milk, 2 weetabix with few sultanas and soya milk,  Mid morning cup of decaff coffee and an apple, lunch huge salad with half a tin of tuna (in brine) and some vanilla soya yogurt.

Evenings are difficault for me too. I have a terrible craving for fruit crunch ryvitas, they are slightly over the fat allowance, I have one of these when I feel like a biscuit with my cuppa. I find myself getting very hungry if I dont have enough carbs. I have a piece of chicken and veggies tonight. Gosh I am hungry now, just talking about food!

I have just come back from taking my little doggie for a 20 min walk, going to have a cup of coffee now, maybe a pear too.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi

im a guy and i started just over a week ago. i had the orange runny poo once but then i knew i would as i had some bad stuff for my dinner. other than that, nothing at all really. i think i have lost bout 6lb hard to tell on my scales really

• Posted

Well hello hello!

I knew there much be some guys on Oristat in this forum!

May I ask how much weight you have to loose? and did you get any advice at the doctors about diet when you were presecibed Oristat, other than the fat rule?

I'm curious if you been given a one months prescription like me, as some on here have been given 2-3 months prescription.

A possible 6lb in one week is great! Well done you! Have you been hungry at all? I have had terrible bouts of the munchies of a night rolleyes Day time I can handle, but evenings are a struggle for me.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

i would say 5 stone to get back to normal. the doctor wanted me to have a gastric band lol. i was like. hellllllllllll no. if i ask people what do you think i weight they say about 13 ? well im 18 stone. dr gave me no advice at all and only one month of them. told me i needed to loose 5% of my body fat to carry on been given them. but i dont know what that is. i do have times when im hungry but i think thats more to do with habbit really. and as the days go by i can go without easier. he will give me more pills as its the only thing that has worked in years
    • Posted

I always thought you had to be extreamly over weight to be offered a gastric band! I carry my weight quite well too, people would have a fit if they really knew how heavy I was. Last year I did a Juice fast for 60 days and lost 3 stone, I was over the moon, but as soon as I started to eat "normally" it crept back on, but with vengence!

I do find that these little blue buddies are making me think about what I eat, the other day I slipped up and had something I should not have had, I was scared to leave the house because of what might happen, oddly enough I was fine!

Your comment about eating as a habbit is very interesting, I think I am probably guilty of that myself....I shall give it some thought next time I get the erge to much on a Ryvita or two or even four!

When I first asked my doctor about Oristat, I was told I had to show I had made an effort to loose weight before I would be offered a prescription. But I went to see the healthcare worker in my clinic who weighed me and she refered me to the practice nurse straight away, she wrote me a prescription and bobs's your Uncle!

I am really please with them so far, although I dont know how much I have lost, my clothes feel a little looser after around 2 weeks on them. I would be really sad if I am not given a second prescription, but then I just have to put a bit more effort into it and really be aware of what I eat. I do keep a food diary, i have the app "My Fitness Pal" which the lovely Britney told me about, but some times I get a bit forgetful accidently on purpose! eek

Do you feel you have you been making more of an effort to be active whilst on Oristat?

///*.*\\\

• Posted

i do think i have made more effort mostly as it is my dream to b thinner and be able to take my top off and go swimming again like i did in my teens. and beacuse i want to keep having the pill as i had not lost a 1lb in the last 8 months and now touch wood i am loosing it. im a huge fan of sweets and chocolate and i suffer from what is known as sugar craving. i find if i can go a week with non then the craving stops. similar to giving up smoking. which is why i ended up a fat cow lol
    • Posted

Wow!we found a guy!!!!!!WELCOME!!!!well done on your weight loss!!!!in such a short time!!!!!keep it up on the site !!!!!the encouragement is fab!!!!!i just love it!!!!!!speak soon biggrin
    • Posted

Def been making more of an effort on oristat!!!!!!i now keep sliced fruite in fridge!! Ready for those cravings !!so when I go into kitchen secretly!!!instead ob biscuit jar!!!or other naughtys I have fruite!!  ,so I not feel GUILTY!!!at all!!!guess what?????it works for me and makes me feel soooooo much betterbiggrin
    • Posted

Pleased to hear it is working for you Roberta :-)

These little tricks to outsmart you fridge raiding habbits will reap rewards for you no end ;-) 

///*.*\\\

• Posted

i need to start keeping fresh fruit in the house or even in my handbag for when i'm at work.

Everyone is sat around me in my office job dunking biscuits in their tea and at the pubs everyone is washing a bag of crisps down with a pint. its so tempting to think i'll join them and just have 1, but i know 1 will turn in more.

*Must behave*, *must lose weight for my wedding*

• Posted

Hiya Steph :-)

Yes I can imagine how difficault that can be for you, but you are on a mission like the rest of us, use it as your Mantra :-)

*I am on a Mission!*  *I am on a Mission!*

And then there is the fact that there is the  prospect of possibly not being given another prescription, now that really would suck big time!

I have invested in a “vacuum food sealer” they were on offer at Lidl's for £19.99, which was cheap. I use this to seal up pieces of fruit in little pouches, it sucks all the air out of the pouches so it last longer and does not go brown. It’s great for having ready prepared meals in too. I sometimes cook a job lot of a particular dish, then divide it into portions and freeze them, so they are ready to go!

For me personally its about having things ready to eat/ snack on if I am hungry. In the past I have fallen off the proverbial wagon because when I am hungry I have to eat straight away! I think by far that this food vacuum sealer is one of the best gadgets I have ever purchased to help with my voyage to a fitter and healthier me.

In your case you have something very very special to lose weight for, because you are going to be a lovely Bride... *Go Steph!* *Go Steph!*

There is a chance I might be one too, but I have not made my mind up yet! ROFL.

*Your on a Mission!* *Your on a Mission!* *You hate Crisp's!*  *You hate Chocolate!* * Biscuits are the enemy!*  eek x x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Take a tuber ware dish with chopped up favourite fruit!!!!and you won't go wrong!!!just think of how very special you will look on the best day of your life!!!!!biggrin
    • Posted

lol that just made me giggle.

I know my other half doesnt mind me been the size that i am but at 22 i shouldnt be nearly 19 stone,

I may have to invest in a vacuum sealer as thats what puts me off fruit when it goes all brown looking.

I must admit i do the trick where i cook too much and freeze the rest into portion size old chinese takeaway pots. Stews are my favourite done that way as it keeps all the flavour locked in.

hmmmmm making me hungry now, what to have for lunch. (the office is having fish and chip friday)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.