I can't stop sweating...

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's been happening for around 3 years now, i'm a 16 year old male so it's quite a problem for me. Basically, i sweat no matter what. Even if i'm sat in a chair doing nothing i sweat, my feet will be soaked in sweat, my arm pits will just have huge sweat patches, my face gets really bad as well to the point where occasionally it's dripping off my nose... My hands are a real problem, if i shake someone's hand it gets commented on. Laying in bed my feet will just be wet in sweat.

It ruins my life... I can't go out because i know i'm just going to be covered in sweat; i can't wear t-shirts because as soon as i put it on the arm pit area will just be drenched in sweat. I use deodorants regularly throughout the day, i've tried all sorts of brands but none of them do anything for me. I have been to the doctors about my problem, but the response was just 'it's normal' 'i don't think it's much of a problem for you' & they prescribed me with a clinical strength antiperspirant. Again, this didn't work for me. 

I've reached rock bottom with this problem and really don't know what to do about it.. My clothes get ruined, my self-confidence is ruined, my life gets ruined because of it. 

As far as triggers, i don't know because it just seems to be a constant 24/7 thing for me to sweat. I can be in the shower and my face will still be sweating. I really need some help on this, is there anything i can to do the doctors about and request? My friends brother has the same problem and they prescribed him with some tablets that he said just brought it down from his shirts being soaked to a small amount. 

Any help is appreciated. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The only thing that I can recommend is a roll on called Driclor along with any medication your GP may prescribe you.
  • Posted

If your Doctor does not take your problem seriously then you need to see another Doctor. It’s as simple as that.

I have a different form to yours in the sense that I sweat from the head (craniofacial hyperhidrosis) and have done so since I was in my 20's. It’s taken a massive toll on my life and have only recently (in my mid 40's) gone for help.

My Doctor has at least done an adrenalin test on me (because the theory is that hyperhidrosis is result of an overactive sympathetic nervous system).

He also referred me to a Dermatologist which is usually the next step.

While I don’t hold out much hope of getting any help on the NHS its at least something. You should try the same in the meantime. Go and see another Doctor and be firm with them.

But I guess the big point is that there is no cure that I know of for Hyperhidrosis but there are some people who have learnt to manage it much better through a variety of different methods.

Its also in my opinion not a very common problem and as result there is very little info available.

There is a nurse (I think ) that set up a Hyperhidrosis web site that is worth visiting and gives you a place to start.

http://hyperhidrosisuk.org/

But also you need to do your own research and get to know as much about Hyperhidrosis as you can. Be careful of all the fraudsters and magic potions that get offered by companies. Try and stick to info about this is based on evidence and Science. 

• Posted

Just to add that the roll on that I mentioned was on prescription when I had it, but not sure about now.
    • Posted

You can get it online. Does it work? & does it sting or irritate because the one they gave me was unbearable
    • Posted

Not that I am aware of Stuart and no it doesn't sting or leaves any sores. It is also odourless, so there is no added perfumes/scent.
  • Posted

HI Stuart..you are very young to have something like this ruin your life..I would  suggest u go to another doctor because there are things that can b done in cases as severe as yours. Ok it's not normal but it's not unusual either. In the meantime have u tried Perspirex?..can b bought in supermarket..u put it on at night and wash it off in the morning
  • Posted

I don't know if you ever go help, but if you did, I would be interested in what it was.   I also sweat 24/7, but all over.   At night is the worse, my neck, body, legs, hair is like I took a shower.   I wake several times a night, soaked and have to change clothes and bed sheets.  Always tired and wear a turban to soak up my wet head most of day.   My feet DO NOT SWEAT, NOR MY HANDS, ARMPITS ONLY SOMETIMES.  the rest is awful!    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.