3 weeks post pelvic laparoscopy , sex ok ?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

After my 2 week check up my obgyn said I was off restrictions and I was healing good! I had my left ovary taken out as well as a cyst! When would it be ok to have sex !? I'm not hurting anymore and fell pretty fine . Just unsure if it's safe yet

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria, I'm glad you are feeling good and things are healing well for you. I'm also amazed that you are thinking about sex already !  In my opinion I would wait at least six to eight weeks, are you having another post op check at six weeks ? if you are I would ask your consultant if it's ok, also your body has a lot of internal healing to do - you have been through a trauma and you need enough time to recover, so definatley get the ok from the medical profession before you think about sex ! Hope your good recovery continues 😃
  • Posted

The recomendation is wait six weeks or could cause an infection, same with using tampons.

However the fact that your obgyn said you were off restrictions may well overide this and you can do it as soon as is comfortable for you. If you wish give the secretary or your GP a ring to make sure.

I do know of someone who had sex without problems after two and a half weeks

• Posted

Maria if you are 2 weeks out and your dr said all is well, you are good. You don't want to be doing any rough housing but easy sex is fine. That is the exact words from my dr's mouth. If you feel great and you are ready, you go for it girl. This is my second time down this road. You will be fine. Like I said, just take it nice and slow.
    • Posted

Hey ginger!! Thank you so much girl for writting me!! I feel like your always giving me relief these past weeks smile thanks chika!! Random question , I actually called my doctor today to make a appt , because today I've been getting like a burning/sharp pain during different times not constant! Someone said its part of healing ? But idk I figured since nothing is on that side it shouldnt hurt right ?
    • Posted

Thank you doll❤️❤️

I try to help as much as I can. I also had some random pains. They told me that it is part of healing. After they remove ovarys, tubes, or utures, things "shift" and settle into their new place. There is a hole that there now and room for things to move. After my left ovary was removed just past 3 weeks, I am just now getting over the twinges, I call them. Mine have tapered off now. But please make sure you dr is aware so he can confirm this is what it is or it is something else. Always better safe than sorry. But it really does sound like things are just moving honey. But please keep me posted. And if you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Talk to you soon❤️

• Posted

Thank you hun!!! Ugh that does sound like what's happening! Yes my ovary and tube as well as the cyst was removed so it makes sense that things would move. Just freaked me out because I never experienced it before. I know this might sound crazy , but is their any way of adding you on facebook lol. I feel like i can just ask you anything!! Thank you for all your advice girl !
    • Posted

Your so sweet! I am always happy to help.

In January I deactivated my fb. It was getting so stressful. Everyone airing their dirty laundry. You post something and someone just has to be mean and say something to hurt you. I try to be upbeat and positive and fb was truly making me depressed. I was getting headaches when I would get on it. So I told my husband I was turning it off for a couple of months. Surprisingly, I do not miss it. And I feel better about myself and less stressed. And I have time to work with dogs again. I do fostering. But I may turn it back on. If I do I will gladly add you. ❤️

• Posted

Sorry to bug you girl!! But I had a small question. I went to the doctors on Friday and she noticed I had glue still in my belly button , this Tuesday will be almost a month since surgery and she said t massage it in the shower for it to come off or something I guess ?! I'm just scared it will open up my incision ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.