recovering from cystectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 4 weeks into recocering from my second cystectomy. this was carried out by laparotomy (csection cut) my 4th cut there now as ive had 2 csections & emergency laparotomy 8yrs ago.

and im struggling in recovery to be honest, still have swollen belly , pain on my left side near my hip an generally feeling rather crap. how long has anyone else taken to recover properley after this op ?

prior to op i was fit & healthy not overweight & did plenty of exercise. 😢

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this.  You should contact your GP - you could have an infection.  I am due to have ovarian cyst removed, probably via csection cut, so I am interested to hear how you are doing.  Hope things settle soon for you.
    • Posted

yeah i think i might just to get myself checked out as you dont know whats going on inside.

wishing you good luck with yrs.

• Posted

Hiya!

I had the bikini line cut for removal of a cyst (15cm) I went for the surgery on the 22nd of April, it's been two weeks and I am recovering well touch wood, getting up doing things by myself and even going out!

• Posted

hi. i am up and about going for short walks everyday just to get out of the house. im just feeling frustrated that tummy still swollen an feels heavy if ive done too much an i e started getting lower left pain, i had cyst removed left side?! perhaps they took my patience away lol ?!
  • Posted

I had my ovary and a large cyst removed 20 th April I'm back in with severe infectionhope you get looked at properly as took them 3rd time 111 to take notice after it leaked infection all over bathroom floor
  • Posted

I am five weeks post op after having ovaries removed by c section, I am just beginning to feel human again but have days when I still feel tired. I still find it uncomfortable when I go to the loo but it is getting better all the time, I did as I was told for the first four weeks but back doing chores now but nothing to strenuous. Just take it easy and you will get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.