Next Steps...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I have been suffering from excessive sweating for almost 20 years.

For much of that time it has been relatively light and centred around my arm pits. However over the past 4 years it has got progressively worse.

Having recently taken on a consultancy job I am involved in large amounts of meetings and frequently have to take myself off to the bathroom between meetings to dry my shirt off mostly the under arms and back. Its a constant stress, on top of a demanding job.

Normal anti perspirants dont really seem to work very well, and I find myself using Odaban on a twice weekly basis, which works but just shifts the problem to another area.

I've cut coffee and caffeine out of my diet, rarely eat spicy food as it just makes me sweat and have even tried Sage tea and Sage extract tablets.

I am fit and healthy and race mountain bikes and fell run to a high standard.

Last month I went to the doctors to discuss it further and undertook a blood test to make sure there was nothing underlying.All came back clear.

I am not sure how best to move forward from here and would greatly appreciate hearing peoples thoughts on how best to proceed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hyperhidrosis can be a problem.

In the USA they have just introduced an ultrasound treatment that is said to be quite effective (but not in all cases)  in reducing the amount of perspiration produced in the area of the armpits.

When you speak to your doctor it might be worth asking if he/she has heard of it, and whether this is available in the UK.

• Posted

for my hyperhidrosis what worked for me was the Iontiophoresis therapy -I ordered the Idromed 5 PC iontophoresis machine 5 PC . did the treatments every day until I got dry and since then I have stayed dry doing the maintenance treatments . The treatments are very easy to do , I do them while warching tv.,very easy and  because of the pulsed current ,they are painless .
  • Posted

I had the same issues but manage them with glycopyrrolate now. I take the medication in the morning and no sweating all day. It has changed my life big time. I'm very familiar with having to dry off between meetings. I haven't had to do that for quite a while now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.