Hi felling so depressed . And wonting to kill my self . Anxiety is just over whelming plse help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on antidepressants for over 15 years Zoloft . 100mil gave up two years ago . Was also on 10 mil Valium for years . I'm a truck driver . And have to get a job and I can not take , Valium so been of them for a month to pass a drug test . But I fell like I'm dying can not consintrate anxiety is shocking . I'm even rocking back and forward . Crying u name it . Lost a lot of things in the last 2 years . Mum wife kids so that hasn't helped plse help me am I felling this bad , from withdraw symdoms . And God will it get better I'm dieing here . Thanks Peter

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You CAN drive on valium if you are being prescribed it by a doctor and your driving is not impaired 
    • Posted

The new rules do NOT forbid you to drive or pass a test as long as your driving is not affected ..I've been on Valium for. 44 years ..you cannot just stop...you need to be weaned off gradually 
    • Posted

the Aston Protocol helps people to cut down..but you seem like me ...you need the tablets ..go see your doctor ..he has a duty of care to help you...tell him you worries ..cold turkey off valium is a sentence to hell .Good luck..I really feel for you 

please seek help 

• Posted

Hi thanks I will go see doctor in nz and check . Thanks for your reply
  • Posted

Peter, take an apointment with your doc asap. Make a tapering plan and hold to it. You can even stick it on your wall to follow your progress. I know it's not easy. I know it's hell. Don't lose faith in yourself. It's essentiel. You won't die, you don't have to be alone through this. Give yourself compassion and more time to heal. 

Hang on buddy smile You can ease the process in several ways (food, small habits, exercise, friends, taking a warm bath everynight, a walk in nature, playing (at anything), etc.), you just need to find them and hold on to these things even if you don't feel like it. 

• Posted

Thank you jim for your support . After my cry for help it got worst . So run ambulance . And getting mental help. It's going to be a hard road but it was nice to have people like u and professional help to support me thanks again peter
    • Posted

Glad to hear to you got help! Ask for it anytime you feel like you need it !! This road might be treacherous but it is definitely worth the struggle! Focus on the present and take one step at the time. 
  • Posted

And for more Info about how to taper, go read the Ashton Manual online. It's extremely encouraging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.