cup cakes & weight loss

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I had my 3rd weigh in today and lost another 9lbs this month so that is a grand loss of 26.5lbs in total. I was pleased but would have preferred it to have been 10.5lbs because then I would have reached 2 stone exactly! Ah well, at least I know I will be over the 2 stone mark next month. So I went out to Waitrose and bought myself 2 cupcakes for a treat - went home and scoffed them both last night as I just LLLOOOOVVVEEEE cake of any variety and haven't had any for 3 months. They were completely delicious but I'm waiting for the repurcussions this morning. Ouch!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow that's a fantastic loss, well done! Mmmmmm bet those cupcakes were delicious! How were the side effects?! 
    • Posted

Thanks. No unusual side effects so far unbelievably - wish I'd eaten more cake!
  • Posted

Hi hunny OMG thats fantastic really pleased well done you!!! You totally deserved the cakes !!! Oh im so jealous i havnt had a treat for weeks and you have done brilliantly with your loss i havnt done so good lately i was fed up this last week dieting and sticking like glue calorie counting so i had a week off!! Ive eaten low fat but not done so good havnt lost any weight since ladt weigh in but im going to start off again tomorrow xx good luck to you wish i could be as motivated keep it up xxx
    • Posted

Hi babes, thanks very much. I can totally understand how you are feeling as I still get days where I struggle and get fed up. I have had a few days like you where I haven't calorie counted and I've eaten a bit more but it is always low fat and fat free varieties and the stuff I am allowed to eat - just more of it. For 2 days last week I had a real sweet tooth and got through 4 alpro chocolate desserts and 2 bags of jelly babes. So even though i was way over my calories those 2 days it was all fat free stuff. I think that is the way to do it. Like you did last week. Eat more if you are really struggling but try to eat the stuff you can have. At least that way you don't put any weight on or have any horrible side effects.

Don't worry about it, get back on the diet and calorie counting tomorrow and get ready for your next weigh in - even if you only lose a couple of lbs, it all starts to add up. I was a tad dissappointed yesterday Fri as I really wanted to have lost 8lbs, BUT when I got out of docs and started to think about it and added it all up I ended up thinking how good 6.5lbs was and added onto what I have already lost it's brilliant. That's what you have to do. As long as the general trend is downwards then you are doing a good job. So as I always say, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again.

I go off to Portugal tomorrow for a week so who knows what will happen. I know I am not taking my tablets and will relax somewhat on holiday but I am not going to go mad and eat for England. I am going to try and be sensible and have 3 nice meals a day but not go too mad. I know I won't lose any weight next week as I am realistic and know I will eat more than allowed, but my goal is to at least not put any weight on. If I can achieve that I will be very happy and get straight back on the diet the day I get home.

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I am feeling like a mahoosive fat arsed elephant today. I have no idea why and it is making me agitated as I have been feeling so much better in my clothes etc but for some reason yesterday and today I feel nothing fits and I look disgusting in everything blah blah blah. My husband with all his wonderful words of wisdom says it is because I have now gone down a size in clothes so the last few weeks all my old size clothes were loose and baggy and felt huge (and looked totally ridiculous) now I am wearing a smaller size they fit perfectly and so are not all loose and baggy - so I feel back to square one! If that makes sense! Anyway, point is, we all have off days, ok honey?

Speak soon, x

• Posted

Ha ha you always make me laugh and feel better!! Its awful tho because you start feeling guilt about not sticking to things and then you console yourself by eating a bit more!! The one thing i had was peanut butter on toast i gave in and had some as i love it omg was i bad lol never again i paid the price yes think it must be normal to have your fed updays ill get back on it tomorrow as i need to lose for my weigh in omg think its next friday as well!! Ooops i better lose or i wont get tablets again x you go enjoy your well deserved holiday take care enjoy it and dont letfood rule it xx take care as i said very proud of you xxxx
    • Posted

God I love peanut butter too - especially on toast with banana. Have avoided that so far but must admit I do miss it. Just have a really good week and you will be fine, and if nothing else you will feel better about yourself. I'll let you know how the food and eating goes on holiday when I get back. Speak soon babes and good luck with having a great week this week - you know you can do it! x
    • Posted

Hi hunny illtry i fet weighed friday ill be in bother!! Must try hard this week ill get back on track have a great hol elle ' the body' mcpherson lol enjoy speak when your back take care xxx
    • Posted

Hi Corinne, funny that, my husband just said to me on holiday he thought I resembled someone famouse like Elle MacPherson! Ha bloody ha! It was a great holiday and I went away feeling really good because I had got into my 14 stones. I was careful what I ate whilst I was away and I don't drink alcohol so when I got home and weighed myself I nearly died of shock that I had gained 8lbs. I have never ever gained weight so fast - even when away in American for 2 weeks and their portions are huge and fattening I have never gained so much - and I was only away for a week. I only ate breakfast and dinner and was only away for a week so I just don't know but I am seriously pee'd off. I wanted to be down in my 13 stones by end of July and I'll be lucky to have shifted this 8 lbs by then and be back to square one. I think this diet is so brutal and not eating any fat puts your body into starvation mode and so the minute you do eat even remotely normally your body just holds onto everything. I can't explain it any other way bcause to gain 8lbs in 6 days is outrageous. I would have needed to eat about 8000 calories a day and I absolutely did not. I had no sweets or cakes or chocolate, lots of fruit and salad and yes, there were puddings with the evening meal and I did have carbohydrates for my breakfast because they did this lovely fruity bread - but no eggs or bacon or fried stuff, no butter and only jam. Anyway, the 8lb gain is seriously messing with my mind. I am just on the verge of saying stuff it and not bothering anymore. I am trying to settle back into it but have already had a chocolate mousse today as so bummed out.

How did your weigh in go last week? Did your doc give you any more tablets to carry on with this blasted diet?

• Posted

Hi hunny oooh its just a hiccup!! You will lose it again because your more relaxed on holiday not doing 20mile bike rides lol ( you didnt did you?) come on you do NOT give up it gets you down i have been like that on and off for the last 2 weeks and feel like giving in but then i think how much better i felt losing it so im not backing down just yet!! My weigh in is this friday it was my blood pressure check for my hrt lol i got it mixed up as per usual x i wish my boobs would shrink they get on my bloody nerves if it wasnt for them id be a 12 ha ha wishful thinking on my part!! Right kick start off again tomorrow come on you have inspired me all this time wheres my mentor?? The determined one who encourages everyone else!! Get back in the saddle and get going holiday is over stop punishing yourself so you gained a bit we all do i want to hear your getting back into it!!! You can lose it by july a steady 2lb a week you can do it!! So glad you had a lovely holiday you worked hard and deserved it now back to reality think how goid you felt in your smaller clothes more confident and feel good smile hey elle the body get 2lb of by next friday!! Thats an order lol keep me informed let me know how your getting on hunny xxxx
    • Posted

ha ha, that made me laugh about the bike ride, no I didn't bike ride at all although my husband kept going on and on about it and wanted us to hire bikes. In the end he hired a bike twice and went out for a great big cycle 2 afternoons - sad "beep" insert your own word here! But I should have gone with him as he only put 3lbs on.

But you are right, I am feeling a bit better this morning and am right back on the diet again. Finding it hard to be enthusiastic about it as it just showed me there is going to be no more going back to normal for me IF I end up losing this weight as I will just pile it all back on again. This is for life as is the exercise so I shall try not to moan anymore and just deal with it.

Thanks for your encouraging words, they do help. And good luck Friday, let me know how you get on. xx

• Posted

Morning hun oh sorry ive been busy decorating taking my mind of a lovely chicken parmo ha ha well done i knew you would get back in the ' saddle' lol its hard isnt it i treated myself the other day to a scone only because my friend purchased cream tea vouchers for us OMG was i ill!!! I know what people mean now when they say about poorly tummy and oil loss i was so bad for 2 days its def put me off cheating x your welcome too were here to help each other and god knows youve kept me going smile thanks for friday dont think ive done too goid only 2lbs more it gets harder after a few weeks to shed it dosn't it x keep intouch chin up and battle on take care xxx
  • Posted

Hiya well done you I bet you're chuffed :-) hope the repercussions of the cupcakes was not too bad x
  • Posted

Ooops should have read the replies before posting - glad you didn't suffer any repercussions. Have a fab holiday and enjoy the break xx
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine, ha ha, I do that all the time. Still waiting for those cup cakes to appear - hopefully before tomorrow morning when I am on a plane! Bye for now.
  • Posted

Wow. Great job smile To be honest I am little bit jealous as I have a lot of to do with my body. I wish u wonderfull holiday. Enjoy sun and your better looking body smile
    • Posted

Hi there, don't be jealouse honey as I have a lllloooonnnnngggg way to go yet and was just saying to my hubby yesterday, IF I rid myself of this unwanted flab I have a feeling my body is going to look even worse naked! If that is possible! Everything is starting to wobble whereas it was quite firm before despite being very large. My stomach is starting to resemble a deflating bagpipe - errkkk! Just keep plodding on and all the lbs add up. Bye for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.