totally exhausted after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies

It's moaning Minnie again 😂.......

15 days after my laporatomy op to remove a large cysts tube and ovary

Today I'm totally exhausted sore and very emotional Belly is bloated u would think I was 8 months pregnant and feel so unattractive

Please tell me it gets better

Love louise xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does get better,I am 8 weeks post op after having same as you done but both ovaries removed,I feel really well like I did before op your tummy will go down I looked pregnant.just take it easy for a few more weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Brenda

Thanks so much it just seems like it's never ending. My stomach really bloats worse at night time I'm also scared to lie on my side so im not even getting a proper nights sleep as im lying on my back

Thanks

Louise xx

• Posted

It will get easier,I think it took a few weeks to lie on my side,have you tried a pillow underneath you that might help
  • Posted

Hi there! I am 4 weeks post laparotomy with ovary and appendix removal.

All I can say is yes, my tummy is still bloated and it has this flap of skin right over the incision. But it does get better as time pass by. Make sure you drink a lot of water, cause it helps flush toxins down.

With regards to lying on the side, I haven't fully slept a night on my side yet since I noticed I get a little bit sore the next day. But having a pillow underneath, and make sure that you are positioned comfortably too.

Just be positive, and try not to dwell too much on the negative (although our hormones do get the best of us smile ). Your body is doing its best to repair what has been cut and damaged during the surgery, so take it easy on yourself.

All the best!

• Posted

Thanks vee I'm just having a bad day I feel so frumpy and all I see is pretty women and I look at myself and go yuck

L x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.