Meal ideas thread

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've noticed a lot of people struggling for ideas for meals so thought I would start a thread on what I'm eating and if anyone wants to they can add their meals or give me any tips. 

Day 1: Breakfast- 25g bowl of frosties with semi skimmed milk, coffee with ss milk, glass of water

Lunch- sandwich thin with ham and picalilli, fat free yogurt, pomegranate seeds, apple and sultana cereal bar, coffee with ss milk, water

Tea- prawn stirfry with noodles, stir fry veg and black bean sauce, small glass of white wine and weight watchers toffee dessert. 

Total calories 1434 Total fat 18g

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Day 2:

Breakfast: coco pops & semi skimmed milk with a white coffee

Lunch: beans & sausage on 2 slices of toast, one with a lightest laughing cow cheese spread on it, the other bare. Apple

Tea: Cottage pie made with lean mince, one potato mashed, carrots, peas, green beans & onion. Rice pudding with a tablespoon of jam.

Evening: 10 cherries & a small glass of white wine

No side effects

• Posted

Hi Gem33

This is a great idea thanks for sharing.

I usually have a bagel for breakfast with nothing on it as I find that it fills me up until lunch. I sometimes have the same for lunch or 2 slices of wholemeal toast with skinny laughing cow spread - having mince and tatties tonight made with 5% fat. If hungry later on I have an apple and a pear

• Posted

Oh you are so good Lorraine! How many calories are you on?

I hadn't thought about bagels, I'm going to pick some up next week x

• Posted

To be honest I'm not sure as I'm just concentrating on being low fat - the cinnamon and raisin bagels are nice for breakfast.

A nice pudding is strawberries, fat free vanilla yoghurt with a meringue crumbled on top - works well with blueberries as well.

• Posted

Day 3:

Breakfast: 25g frosties, semi skimmed milk, coffee

Lunch: sweet & sour noodle mug shot, fat free yogurt, cereal bar

Tea: chicken breast with Maggie garlic chicken cook in thing made with a raw egg (nervous about this!) salad, boiled potatoes, bread roll & laughing cow lightest cheese triangle. Weight watchers chocolate brownie pudding.

Snacks: plum, cherries, grapes, strawberries

Calories 1493 fat 18g

(Not had dinner yet so will update on side effects, especially re the egg!)

• Posted

Day 4:

Breakfast: Rice crispie multigrain shape cereal (I have a multipack of cereals, means I stay interested in breakfast and it's all premeasured!), semi skimmed milk and white coffee

Lunch:leftovers from tea the night before- half a chicken breast in maggie's so crispy garlic and herb coating, salad with balsamic glaze and a laughing cow lightest cheese triangle. 10 cherries and a cup of tea

Tea: homemade meatballs made from lean mince in a tomato and herb sauce with 100g spaghetti and a breadroll with a laughing cow lightest cheese triangle as a spread. 6 strawberries with natural fat free yogurt

Snack: lemon fat free greek yogurt

Calories: 1251 fat 19g

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.