Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im 22 and have never been to a gynecologist and I have been told I have ovarian cysts. I am om day 10 of my period and they have never lasted more than 7 days. Should I be worried?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi katie xx no dont worry hun ive started bleeding again today after only having 19 days dry and before that i bled for 3 weeks, My cyst measured 3 cm 6 weeks ago so im guessing my cyst is still there cos im still getting pain and bleeding. Try not to worry and speak to your doctor and get referred xx keep me posted hun xx goodluck
    • Posted

Hi Katie.

I went through all this myself when I was 19. Your symptoms are the same as what I had, before I had my right ovary and an aggressive 3lb cyst removed!! But since then I've had 3 kids. All grown up, and I'm still free of cysts at my age of 52.

Everyone is different. But yours sound the same as what I had.

Painful periods never disappear, while I was in that part of my life.

But nice to be free of them with no pain now 🌺 God bless 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.