Just about to start Orilstat

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am just about to Orilstat & I am not sure what I am suppose to eat, I Know I have to eat less fatty foods, but I have no idea what to buy. I am desprate to lose I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this & give me soe ideas. confused

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz.  I'm afraid you're going to have to become an avid label reader.  You need to look at teh fat content of the foods you are buying and ensure that they contain less than 5g fat per 100g of product.  Basically look for low fat versions of the things you buy.  I also find using myfitnesspal a big help tp log what I'm eating and also to look in advance if theres something I'm thinking of having but I'm not sure of the nutritional info.  Once you have your low fat foods you need to ensure that you eat a maximum of 15g fat per meal.  In the beginning it can be a bit tedious but you'll soon get the hang of it.  Good Luck x 

• Posted

Thank you very much for your input. I am going shopping soon so that is what I will do, let you know how I get on.

Thanks x

• Posted

Orlistat works in your digestive system by preventing about one third of dietary fat from being digested and absorbed. It is recommended that you reduce your fat intake to 30% of your total calories intake whilst taking orlistat. Change from butter to polyunsaturated or mono-saturated low fat spread such as flora light, gold low fat, olive light spread. Increase your fibres intake. Eat high fibre breakfast cereals such as Weetabix, shreddies or bran flakes. Eat whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta and rice. Reduce the amount of sugar in your diet as much as possible. Try to eat three regular meals each day. Best luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.