Friday Weigh In

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive just been for my 4 weekly weigh in at the docs.

I have lost 3 lbs which in itself is great but added to this is the fact that in the intervening 4 weeks I have been on holiday for 12 days, (including a week on a Greek island and there is no Greek equivalent transaltion for "low fat please?").

I put on 5 lbs so in reality I have lost 8 - woo hoo! But the most astounding thing is that my weight is now in the 13's, (ok so it's 13.13 but at least it's not 14, 15 or even the 17 I began with).

So the moral is Ladies and gents - If I can do it so can you. You can go on holiday or have a blow out but as soon as your ready get straight back on the healthy eating. Also, as I've now proven to myself, no matter how much weight you have lost there's still no reason why you can't continue to lose until you get to a point you're comfortable with.

Good luck to everyone and happy healthy eating!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Well done Meno. I am looking forward to that 13.x showing on the scales :-)
  • Posted

Well done really encouraging to hear! Losing weight is so much harder than people think you should be well chuffed with urself xx
  • Posted

Hi meno wow you have done fantastic!!!! Well done  your an inspiration to us all!! Keep up the good work lol i cannot remember the last  time i ever had a holiday so i have no excuse!!its great to hear how well your doing it keeps us all going knowing its worthwhile smile xxx
  • Posted

Thanks all for you comments.  In answer to your question Kerry; I started trying to lose weight myself around September last year.  12 months prior to that I suffered a major trauma to my back and as a result had spent a lot of time just sitting watching tv and stuffing my face.  I was a virtual prisioner in my own home for many months, unable to walk more than a few steps.  Last September I got the all clear from my surgeon and could begin gentle exercise again.  By then my weight had ballooned (literally) from just over 15 stone, (which I was never very happy with either) to 17 stone.  By Christmas I had lost less than a stone, though I managed not to put any on over the festive period which was a bonus.  I saw the doctor in the new year and started Orlistat at the end of January. 

I have had good and bad times on the tablets.  One month I only lost 1Kg which was very disheartening but I persevered and got the results the following month.

I realise now that any loss, no matter how small is a victory. 

I would like to get down to 12 stone (I'm 5'10" and any less than 12 stone makes me look ill) so I reckon I'm about half way on my journey.  I know that it could take me up to 12 months or even longer to get there as I intend to 'live' along the way but that's ok.  Slow and steady will do me as long as the general trend is down I'll be happy!

• Posted

Well done. I get my 3 week weigh in on Tuesday will let you know. X keep up the good work
  • Posted

That's great what my worry is my doc told me to go back in a month & if I haven't lost anything I wouldn't get them again , x
    • Posted

This is my 3rd week on them to be honest I haven't weighed myself x
    • Posted

Wow - with self control like that hopefully you're in for a nice surprise!  I am forever hopping on the scales!

• Posted

I think it's more fear than self control I'll weigh tomorrow morning x
    • Posted

Well weighed thus morning I've lost 1/2 pound very disheartened x
    • Posted

Oh Cheryl that's not what you wanted I know but please don't lose faith.  You may have lost more than that but for whatever reason it isn't showing on the scales right now.  Do you feel you've lost?  are your clothes any loser?  You may just be retaining water (TotM?).  If you want to pm me with examples of what you've been eating/drinking I can take a look and see if anything is amiss. Hang in there hun - it's so worth it! xx

• Posted

Cheryl do you mind Me asking what you have been wating ? You have still lost x
    • Posted

Sorry eating I meant to say! I have cut out my carbs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.