still so down and exhausted

Posted , 5 users are following.

depression as we all know is a battle im running out of reasons to keep going my mind works overtime constantly i cant sleep eat or even move its all getting to much effort im not a lazy person used to be always active but this im going through atm is getting to much im on medication which i take been on them for some time now i dont feel any better off for taking them at all i feel worse i live alone i used to have friends and lots of family i live away from them a distance i cant travel to they dont come and see me they dont even message me or phone ive tried several times to ask for help and no one listens not really in one ear out the other with them its come to the point where im self harmig im sorry if thats not what this page is for but it scares me one more cut just abit deeper and its over im not asking for people to say dont do it i know i shouldnt but this im going through i feel its killing me slowly why not do it quickly i mean if you had to choose would u pick a fast way out or a slow and painful i shouldnt be thinking like this i need more help than these tablets and councillers are offering  sorry i didnt mean to go on im really down and know one i know seems to understand 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I understand exactly how you feel. And self harm isn't good I know and I would t advise it to others but coming from a current self harmer, I do know how it somehow helps. If you can, try and find something else to occupy you so you can try to stop self harming, I know it's hard I'm still struggling with that. Just know you aren't alone, there's plenty of people on this site that care and are here to listen. Have you tried going back to your GP for further help? Maybe a change of medication and more in depth treatment.
  • Posted

There are plenty of people on this forum who understand what depression feels like, because we've been through it. You can rant on this site if it help. All I can say is if your medication isn't working, go back to your doctor and tell him/her how awful you feel. Are you in the UK? Is there a Crisis Team you can be referred to? When I had a bad time, I had to keep going back to the doctor, before they took me seriously. So keep pushing - you have to believe that you are worth it. And if you feel desperate - call the Samaritans. If you are in UK you can call NHS Direct. Don't give up on yourself.
  • Posted

Hi Steve

Please go back to GP and insist that something is done.  I know it is very hard work to do this but you need to get something sorted.  I believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel but we all have to travel different lengths of tunnel.  I am unsure where you arein the UK  but I know in my home town there is a Mental Health Team who you can self refer too.the UK  and seek help and guidance.  See if there is one in your town.  Please seek help  Love Joyce xx

• Posted

hi all and thanks for the replies only been a few hours of typing away on here ive been to bed ive tried to sleep probs had about an 1-2 hrs sleep just wanted to reply to questions you have asked im on mirtazipine 30mgs and i have sleeping tablets im seeing a councillier reguly and still dont feel any better anxious as ever depression is probs at its lowest point ive been

i sat in bed in tears i sobbed which is very unlike me people say it can make you feel better after a good cry i just felt worse i will go back my gp and i will talk to the counciller more thanks everyone for understanding can i ask 1 question from you all do u ever feel like your falling or get a sense of height i mean like when u look off some where high up and u get that weird feeling ive been getting that aot either when im lay down stood up or even just sat in my chair makes my whole body jump and freeze its a horrible feeling cold that be my medication making me feel that way ?

• Posted

Hi Steve, I do not have an answer to your query re height but I have just had my first increase in metazapine 30mg and waiting to see if it works.  I dont think my depression is as bad as yours as I do function and has good period late afternoon which gives me faith that things will work out.  I wish you all the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.