Pregnancy breathless/anxiety anyone??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 25 weeks and for the past 2 weeks I'm struggling to catch my breath. Is anyone going through this or experienced this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, have you told your doctor, midwife or any other health care professional about it ?

Only being pregnant I would rule out any physical reasons for your breathlessness ?

Lou xxx

• Posted

Hiya hon, yes I've had bloods, ECG and waiting for results from echo. I don't remember being like this with my first child xxx
    • Posted

Mmm does seem strange but having ruled out the physical possibilities, I would ask if you had a difficult / traumatic labour or delivery with your first ? Although to be fare I was way more anxious with my second pregnancy just because I knew what was coming ! Xxxx
    • Posted

Haha me too! Just know what's coming! I've had anxiety/panic attacks before so I think they are contributing to it. I will get through this it's just terribly lonely trying to put on a brave face for my son and fiancé. Trying to take one day at a time 😔
    • Posted

Oh hun totally get that ! Although pregnancy is full of joy and anticipation it is also the hardest on our physical and mental health, there is so much that us moms worry about ! And not to detract from the dad's out there, whom I know worry and stress also :-)

If it is based on anxiety then as you have prior experience I would say to just keep sharing your thoughts, don't bottle it inside as getting what's in your head, out, is the best thing ! You are certainly not alone on this forum xxxx

• Posted

Okay hon thank you. I think I may go down the therapist route after all - like you say even if it's just a shoulder to cry on. Us mums deserve an award, seriously. Well going to catch some zzzz hon but hopefully we can chat again!
    • Posted

Anything that helps hun, we all need it now and again, good luck and sleep well :-) Lou xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.