Tapering of mirtazipine 30mg ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi been on mirtazipine 30mg for 5 months need to come of because bad side effects having lot of hair loss does anyone have experience of tapering properly ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Did I recommend the CITA Protocol to you before?  

See their web site - they are disbanded but you can still download the booklet from Amazon, I can't give the web site address here as the forum moderator will block it.

Wishing you well

• Posted

I been on 45 mg for 4/5 months and gained 3 stone I've tried a couple of times to stop, it was awful anxiety being the ultimate reason I went bk on them I thought I was dying honest I'm now trying again it been three 3 ays doctor has given me ttazadone I'm a little edgy by not as bad as before, ttazadone is supposedly not addictiv and I'm finding it is really all helping my mood, a little bit euphoric at times if I'm honest but its better than. Being panicked and piling the weight on. Hope it works for me this time and hope you do well and not get too many bad effects as I did. Good luck x
    • Posted

Hi Esther

Sorry to hear you've had a hellish time trying to WD from Mirt'.

I see you've switched AD - may I ask, are you withdrawing off the Mirt' slowly whilst taking Trazodone (known also as Molipaxin) ??  Or simply switching?  I wonder because as Traz' also has a slow release sedative if it is poss to just swap or not, I don't know.

Worth a mention:  the euphoria you are experiencing, could it be Serotonin syndrome ??  You might want to Google that for yourself ~ although it may seem pleasant you should have the informed choice for your wellbeing.

Be good if you would keep me in the picture as to your journey.

Wishing you well x

• Posted

Thanks, a few weeks ago when 8 tried swapping and taking 50mg of ttazadone, it was a nightmare the panic/anxiety was the worst I've ever had. This time I've swapped and taking 100 mg for some reason the higher die isn't knocki g me out like the lower dose. For more he past 6 month or so I've been n a wreck with depression and panic
    • Posted

But since I stopped taking mirt I've been happier I've been outside which it haven't done in a months there's been some anxiety but nothing uncontrollable, I've started to lose some of the weight I laugh more its
    • Posted

Phone playing up won't let me type and keeps sending for some reason , it half 2 am and I just finished decorating front room, something i couldn't have done last week it only been days I know but so far so good x think I should go sleep now, goodnight xxxxx

• Posted

Think I spoke too soon. Woke up being, sick.. Sweating and cold loads of crazy things going round my head, maybe I just o er did it yesterday hope it goes away soon x

• Posted

Morning

Oh, sounds awful, bless you.

It sounds like wd from Mirt ... have you stopped taking Mirt' all together?

x

• Posted

Yes it's been a really rubbish day, its silly when you know it's anxiety and can't last forever but it doesn't stop you thinking your going to die I've been up and down all day and listening to positive affirmations and relaxing music on you tube, I used to be hink all that kind of stuff was b.s but it really does help sometimes and reading on here helps coz I know I'm not alone and someone else from d bless them will be worse, x x

• Posted

**Someone else god bless them
    • Posted

Hi Esther

How are you today?  With Mirt having such bad withdrawal symptoms I wonder if the Trazodone will help these sensations or not ...

Are you on facebook?  I belong to a Withdrawing from Mirt' support group, it's highly confidential and no one but members can see postings - I wonder if you fancy joining us?

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.