day6 of 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

can you please remind me if its normal in the first few weeks to feel lightheaded, spaced out, and crap in general? a case of feeling worse before you get better? deja vu for me, and my patience is stretched!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough but yes, it all sounds about right. I think once the drug is out of our system we have to build it up again from scratch which is why we get these nasty side effects. Also whilst I'm not suggesting you are imagining things our fragile state of mind also plays some pretty nasty tricks and depression/anxiety alone can make it feel like you're living in a bubble. Hang on in there David. I did. You will be stronger when you come through this.  I do think you need to give it at least two weeks before you notice any positive changes. 

• Posted

Hi David  Yes it feels like crap for the first 4 to 5 weeks. Just take it easy & be kind to yourself, sleep when you want to & let your body adjust to the meds. Remember how it feels when they kick in - fantastic - hang in there xx
  • Posted

Hi david!

I too am just starting prozac. Im on day 10. I actually took it for 8 years prior to this and it worked amazingly i loved it! but it stopped working so i tried all diff antidepressants over the past year and none were working. So my doc suggested prozac again. He says sometimes our bodies need a break from a med for awhile. So im hoping it works again.

But anyway yes i have been feeling really tired and out of it during the day. Today i felt like my eyes were just gona shut on me! Crazy! But im pretty aure thats normal for the first month at least.

Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.