3 months on Lorazepam up to 3mg a day... Cold Turkey

Posted , 4 users are following.

Looking for some advice. I ran out of my prescription and decided I wanted to be done with this drug. No idea why I ever started in the first place again after not being on them for my pregnancy. I was able to stop taking them with help from a doctor last time and tapers off in a month, however I do not live in that town anymore and I'm not sure I'll be able to find a doctor who will help. Can I make it cold turkey or am I doomed to fail? Please help!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can't go cold turkey ..it's dangerous ...there's plenty of help on here if you google it 
  • Posted

Hi

i went cold turkey from diazepam after taking 20 mg a day for a year and I only had mild withdrawal such as insomnia and slight anxiety however this isn't the case for everyone and It would probably be more comfortable for you if you could taper. I'm sure there must be a doctor that would be willing to help if you explained that you wish to taper off. It's true that most doctors don't like prescribing benzo's anymore but it is not like you are asking to start them but looking for help to come off. I would ring around and see if you can find someone to help you it will be much easier with a doctors support.

• Posted

Just google" the ashton Manual" ,and it will provide all the info you need!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.