Recurrent endometriotic hemorrhagic ovarian cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 40 years old. In December 2013 I was diagnosed with hemorrhagic cysts in both my ovaries and they were drained by laparoscopy in January 2014. During laparoscopy my doctor saw endometriosis and cysts were classified as endometriotic hemorrhagic cysts. Now they are back and myou doctor has prescribed Depo Provera shots. I got the first shot in September 28th. But I have constant pain in my lower abdomen on both sides going down the sides of the groin and on right side even down the medial side of the thigh. Is it normal to be in pain even after Depo shots?

Thanks

Sarah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I've a similar condition to you and I've just been started on artificial menopause due to the severity of the cysts and them bursting all the time! What your on may not be strong enough and I'd certainly go back and seek advice as no you shouldn't be in so much pain and I get that kind of pain your describing and since my injection of leuprorelin (prostap) to force menopause my pain has decreased. Sounds like your cysts aren't responding and another way needs to be looked at as not every treatment will be suitable and it's finding what gives you not only relief but some sort of 'end' as in affective treatment to stop the cysts forming. I feel for you as it hurts so bad and it's such a drawn out process it's taken me since 2011 to get some sort of help so go back and explain your pain

Good luck and hope you get this under control xx

• Posted

Thanku so much for replying Gemma. I was thinking I wouldn't be getting any responses. I spoke with my doctor and he said to go to the ER. I am so frustrated. I've been to the ER with this pain before and they sent me home after giving strong painkillers. Do you have pain in other places from endometriosis?
  • Posted

I have this cyst as well. It wont go away and I keep getting pinching pain from it and breast pain in one breast (both when it's my time of the month) It's driving me crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.