prozac

Posted , 4 users are following.

i would beinterested to know if anyone else is just on 5 mg. daily dose of flu and  how it works fro them! my doc said too low to even be a maintenance dose--but a study showed 5 mg. worked as well as 10,even 20mg!  got one reply from kate who attested this to be true as she on 5 mg, even after being on 20 and 10--and it works well for her!--any others who can add feedback?  ty

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take 5 mg I am currently pregnant. I def am better than when I started but not where I'd like to be. It took a good 3-4 months for me to notice a difference and I still have my ups and downs. I had severe depression after a miscarriage. I've been on this dose about 8 months. I'm going to up to 10 mg after I have the baby to see if it helps anymore. I don't want on medication so I'm trying to stay on the lowest dose possible so I will be able to come off easier.
    • Posted

tyfor reply---yes, 10 mg is recommended maintenance dosage--i also dont liek to be on anything--u should have seen improvement way before 3-4 months, probably due to low dosage
  • Posted

I read a study that shows that the minimum doses of various meds result in something like 70 to 80% receptor occupancy, which would certainly lead to a therapeutic result.  This means that for the SSRIs, the serotonin receptors are occupied, preventing re-uptake of the serotonin in the synaptic gap.  More than you want to know!

• Posted

dont understand all the lingo ,really-lol--but think u r talking bout ;minimum dosage' which with flu is 10 mg.---geez, i even having trouble adjusting to the 5 mg.--hate starting new meds!
  • Posted

Hi Rosie.

I've never heard of a 5mg dose dose tbh. I will ask my doc about this for future reference.

Do you have that in liquid form?

• Posted

no, pill form--actually i have the 10 mg, which i am cutting in half---per dr. and pharmacist advice--i find this hard to believe, but i am doing amazingly well on the 5 mg! this is surprising as such a low dose!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.