IBS or ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had constant fatuge and lower left abdominal pain going in to back its there all the time worse after eating bowel habits change daily some foods don't digest basically come out as they went in. See doc Friday to see if its more than IBS not been since march.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like IBS although my pain moves about.  Having said that, everyone is different.  Did your doctor diagnose you with IBS in March and have you had tests to rule out other causes?
    • Posted

No test just routine bloods said potassium levels were low not been back since can never get in when I need to in the morning. But doc said IBS also hurts to press left side. Brain fog is a constant as well
    • Posted

Brain fog is also an IBS symptom.  You could also try a food diary to see what foods irritate your stomach and there is also the Fodmap diet.
  • Posted

Hi I cut out all lactose gluten and wheat made no difference I'm sat here lower withe the lower pain in back and abdomen it gets that bad sometimes I feel like throwing up
  • Posted

Can sleep2,6,10 hours a day still feel like if had none. Evan get out of breath going up stairs may be in my head tho. I have changed my diet which I lost wait from which is good but feel no different tried colafac no difference on tablet for constant acid if I don't take have acid from when I wake up to when I go to sleep
    • Posted

Perhaps there are still things in your diet that disagree with you and you are unaware of.  The Fodmap diet lists the common foods that are bad for IBS and those that non irritant.  Another medicine to try is Buscopan and or over the counter pain killers.  Exhaustion is also a common symptom.
    • Posted

Yes maybe so 4 got to mention they left side can be painful to touch some days . I suppose me not digesting food also contributios to the extreme fatigue mostly seems to be vegtables that don't digest mainly
    • Posted

I get sore to touch pain as well.  Pain in the left side is also associated with IBS because that is where the bowel is located.  Certain vegetables and fruit are also culprits even when they are supposed to be good for you.
  • Posted

I have diveticulitis and you are describing common symptoms.  I too have the extreme fatigue, constant pain and undigested food.  I had to have a CT Scan for it to show up.  my pain goes straight across the front and I also get it on my right side around to my spine.  I try to eat small meals with veggies that are very well cooked and pulverized so that they'll digest easier. I can't eat red meat (one of my many triggers) and berries with seeds are out too.  It's unfortunately a game of trial and error because everyone's system reacts differently.

Good Luck

• Posted

Doctor is sending gme for a ultrasound.ECG and a colonoscopy soon I hope just made me feel even worse than I felt b4
    • Posted

Doctor is sending me for a ultrasound.ECG and a colonoscopy soon I hop, just made me feel even worse than I felt b4

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.