Side effects of Bisoprolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have recently been prescribed Bisoprolol.It was prescribed as a gradually increasing dose up to 10mg. I am at 7.5 presently but now get diarrhea the next mornng after drinking only one or two glasses of wne the night before. it never happened before to me proir to my medication.

Any ideas from any one.

Paul

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, seems to be par for the course!  I take Loperamide 2mg and that generally stops the trots. (Prescribed by my GP) otherwise known as Imodium over the counter I believe. Just got back from an appointment, to discuss side efects of Bisoprolol on me, and she's reduced my dosage to 1.5 mg. 24/7 Muscle and joint pain being the other major bothers it gives me.
    • Posted

Thanks for that mate do you get it with or without 2 glasses of wine or say coca cola?

I don't get muscle or joint pain any more than is caused by my statins but i do feel dizzy if i lay down or get up to quickly

Loperamide that'll mean 9 tabs a day oh well!

Paul

• Posted

[u]My own experience[/u] is that it drinking dosen't make a difference. I.e it's as bad either way. (As usual the instruction leaflet says give up drinking, and become a veggie monk!) I have run out of tablets a couple of times, and a soon as they wore off, bowel action was back to normal.  9 tablets, 9 you say, you lucky boy! (Pardon the Monty Python analagoy.) I am on 16, due to heart failure and 2 strokes.

Carthorse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.