Through the worst of it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, if you have been following my story then you know I was going through horrid withdrawals from lexapro last week. I seem to have come through the worst of it. I think what's left is just a general feeling of anxiety, slight nausea, slightly jittery. On Tuesday I'll have been on Prozac for 5 weeks. I'm at 40mg so far. I'm hoping there will be a let up in the feelings of anxiety in the next few weeks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Afternoon jenna93888. I have been on 20mg since 20/10 and apart from the first three days when my head was all over the place and feeling jittery the anxiety has gone completely- maybe will just take you a bit longer? In fact my husband has been poorly and whereas usually I would get in a flap and panic I have been very calm. Said to him that I do care I just can't show it - Fluoxetine is like Botox for the brain 😊 Do hope you feel better soon, take care.
    • Posted

Hi I have some fluxetine in the cupboard down stairs that I am so afraid to take due to all the horror stories online I was given it to help with my anxiety and my paranoia over being ill all the time not wanting to leave the house and so on I've tried propanalol however they seem to not help me at all! Dissapoined I am! As I really thought they would help me....your story on the fluxetine seems positive and wondered if you would share more about your side affects on the first few day and how it's now making u feel if u wouldn't mind doing that smile
    • Posted

Hi Jenna,

I love your description of Fluoxetine - like Botox for the brain!  Brilliant description.  I feel as if, quite suddenly, my immediate memory evaporates and I find myself trying to re-track my moves etc, dementia-type stuff... scary.  I'm on 20 mg too and started 27/07, so week 17. It's brilliant having no migraines (I used to get them fortnightly) - plus I'm not so cold anymore.  Night-time leg jerks, blurred vision and dry mouth are the main residual negative effects, apart from memory probs.

Hope your hubby is ok (I'm an ex nurse)

Anne x

• Posted

Hi all, thanks for the concern for Mr twirl, he is on the mend I am pleased to report. I have always been a worrier, think I was just born that way as Lady Gaga would say 😉 Just lately I have been getting so stressed and anxious about any little thing so finally mentioned it to the Dr. Started on Fluoxetine on the Tuesday and felt no different until I was out on my power walk on the Thursday. Wham! My brain couldn't concentrate on anything, constantly jumping from one thought to another. Am surprised that I managed to get home in one piece to be honest. On the Saturday I had a full blown panic attack for the first time ever. What that was all about I'm not sure. But slowly but surely I have started to feel so much better. I actually felt positive yesterday for the first time in what seems years. Said to Mr twirl this morning that I haven't felt this good for so long and I am liking it 😊 Think I have been very lucky regarding side effects. Was suffering from a dry mouth and ulcers but even that has gone, I reckon 2 negatives have made a positive! I do hope that all of you find the relief and, yes, happiness that I have. I truly wouldn't have believed it just a month ago.
    • Posted

Wow, you're doing SO well for what must be - what - 41/2 weeks? It took me till week 10 to start feeling a tad better. Just a word of warning - sometimes you'll get 'rebound'  days, when things just don't seem so good, but it's important not to panic - the following day is back to the new norm.

Anne x

• Posted

I am 'lucky' in the respect that our elder daughter suffers from depression and has been very helpful and supportive. She has warned me that I will probably get bad days but hopefully they will lessen as time goes on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.