Changed from citaolpram to fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I was citaolpram for just over 2 weeks and I was at the doctors today for my 2 week review. I was so sick for those 2 weeks my anxiety was through the roof I didn't know if this was normal or what. But my gp has changed me now to fluoxetine. Has anyone been on this with fibro ?

Any help or advice is appetited xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Citalopram didn't work for you! I've been on 10mg for about 3 weeks now and haven't had any noticeable side effects other than a really dry mouth and feeling of choking/gagging.

Lots of my friends have taken both and have been fine just very tired smile

• Posted

Tired? I need that hopefully I can get sleeping then lol I was on 20mg And its 20mg of fluoxetine too. The doc is hoping it'll kick in where the other was as they are in the same family.

Hope ur gagging n all stops xx

• Posted

Yeah one was very tired, I may need to increase to 20mg but for now I'm just adjustingsmile I hope it all goes well for you! Yeah the choking and things is just an anxiety thing, when I'm busy it goes away because I'm distracted! Lol
    • Posted

It's a horrible feeling that. I asked the doc about tryin to start lower but he thought because of the link to the fibro that it was best goin straight to 20mg.

Thanks for your help and support its very much appreciated 😘X

• Posted

That was perfectly normal.  SSRI's will give you side effects for the first few weeks, and heightened anxiety is one of them.  Everyone experiences it differently.  It may have been better to have started on a lower dose.

It takes months for the medication to take effect on most SSRI's.  Just persevere through everything.

• Posted

I've been on Celexa for quite a while and felt I was tired of feeling numb. Just starting the transition to Prozac and day one is the worst I've ever felt. I'm thinking of going back to where I was with the citalpram as at least it was Doable. Curious on how your change has been going through the same meds?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.