Valium

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been taking 5mg for 17 years sometimes twice a day as well as 160mg dihydrocodeine for 27 years, my new doctor has just stopped my Valium and for the last week I have felt dizzy with the worst headache ever with stomach pains and no motivation. I was starting to think I was very ill until I found this forum, I now realise it withdrawals it nine days till Christmas’s just hope it goes by then. The doctor wanted to just stop the dihydrocodine and put me on to a non-opiate painkiller with no with no gradual cutting back god knows what that’s going to be like.   

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You should go back to your doctor and ask to see a different GP. It is dangerous to suddenly stop valium. You poor thing. No wonder you are suffering.
  • Posted

See if he will wait until the valium withdrawals are done at least .since you have been on these for so long ,a taper is definitely a good idea.Insist he put you on a slow cutback.That would seem more tolerable. 
  • Posted

You are on a large amount of Dihydrocodeine. That is not good.

Can you miss a dose here and there. Please don't try and do it alone you need help from your Dr or,a drug dependence agency.

Are you buying them?' You do not know what you are getting.

One could kill you.

Your life is worth more than that xx

• Posted

A doctor can be struck of for that,they have a duty of care,coming of Valium after that many years is extremely dangerous,demand to see another gp,as soon as possible,& explain to them,if your doctor only prescribed them for a few weeks then fair enough,but 17 years know way
  • Posted

Please go back to your doctor.  It is important that you taper off these drugs slowly.  There is no way of knowing how each of us wil react to withdrawal.  Some patients have mild symptoms, others become desperately ill and can remain ill for months, even years.  It is best to avoid this risk if possible. A very good forum is benzobuddies org  I have started a campaign on this issue to get appropriate NHS support for patients withdrawing from benzos.  I had no support, no help and have been very ill for a long time. I am not offering a support service, just gathering evidence that this is a major problem in the UK.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.