Feeling normal!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone! I'm at week 9 or 10 of Prozac (Iv lost count!) and I want to give you all hope that I'm finally feeling normal! Around week 6 the anxiety (which is why I'm on Prozac) lifted slowly. The jitteriness I hmwas having stopped about 2 weeks ago. I am literally feeling about 100% better! I'm also still in CBT and it's really helping with my OCD. The Prozac has also REALLY helped the OCD intrusive thoughts. Stick with the Prozac! Iv done a complete 180!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that's great news! I'm at week 9, the depression is gone but anxiety is still driving me crazy! What's your dose?
    • Posted

Hi Julian. Give it awhile longer, A lot of people seem to take 12+ weeks to fully see the benefit. I am on 40mgs.
  • Posted

That's great news! I took one pill an had a anxiety attack so went to my Dr an got an rx for Klonapin that I had ran out of an will try again to start after the new yr. I have tried Cymbalta (I have fibromyalgia an it did help with pain but not mental issues. Didn't want to do anything. )& Zoloft (went toxic in my body. Flu like pains in joints,liver enzymes went up fr normal,severe diaherra for 2 months an lots of wt loss)& Lexapro (sleepy all time an gained 12 lbs in 2 months.)So hoping Prozac is the one. I also started menopause (im only 46)in Aug of 2014. So Im not sure where the anxiety stops an depression starts or other way around. I know one can lead to the other. Also went thru detox in May of 2014 fr Tramadol. Was taking to many an body was dependant on them. Needed help getting off. It has antidepressant qualities in it along with it being an synthetic opiate . It does increase serotonin an norepinephrine. So 2 months after detox Zoloft wasnt working an the depression/anxiety came forth! Dealing with it ever since but could be hormones an menopause along with detox. Im on Bio-identical hormone therapy also for the menopause. Had hormones checked via saliva testing. Wanted to ask what side effects did you experience at beginning? Like diaherra? Joint pain? Dry mouth? Yawning? Bloodwork ok? Etc....how long did side effects last? Did you have an anti-anxiety med to take when the anxiety was bad? What dose r u on? I've been given 20mg capsules. Thanks! Goodluck.
    • Posted

Hi Zio, I had diarrhea, dry mouth, felt like I was walking around in a fog, anxiety, nausea, hand tremors. I was given klonopin to take as needed for anxiety and zofran for the nausea, it helped! Most Side effects lasted about 4 weeks. Anxiety about 6 weeks and tremors about 7. Iv been on 40mgs. It's really helping! Give Prozac a good try! It much gentler than other drugs so it may work well for you.
    • Posted

I hope this one is the one. Im on #4. Im gonna go into it with positive attitude (as much as I can) an think this is the one! I also just got a rx for Klonapin (i ran out back in Nov) so Ill have it with the increased anxiety. I dont know why we all have to suffer before feeling better! Im down to 127lbs (u.s. in Tx.)so dont want to lose much more. Thanks for reply an now Im ready for side effects!
  • Posted

I am sticking to Prozac because all the good I hear about this pill I am sticking to it . thank you for the insight on Prozac.
  • Posted

Congratulations Jenna! Hope I'm there soon. I'm on day 4 of Flu for depression and I'm having all the side effects. Stories like yours keep me going, thank you.
    • Posted

You will be soon! Side effects are hard for a few weeks but gradually get better. Stick it out through at least 12 weeks. recovery comes in patches, a few good days then a bad day or two, then more good days. Eventually the good days start to out number the bad days and then the bad days are gone!
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you still feeling like yourself??

• Posted

Hi Julian,

I am! I still feel wonderful. My husband and I are talking about trying for a second baby, which back in the fall I wasn't sure would ever be an option!

• Posted

So happy to hear!! Congratulations! I'm sure this will give so many people, myself included, much needed hope smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.