Anyone with IBS have this symptom?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had ibs for over 7 years now. The last 2 weeks I have had constant upper abdominal pain. The pain is located about 2 inches above my belly button. It's a constant ache, doesn't matter if i eat or don't eat or have a bowel movement or not. The pain isnt sharp, it's like a contant dull ache & feels like I have a bowling ball up there. I am also bloated. Anyone else have this?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have something similar! Probably same place. All pain I seem to read about, tea located either right or left not middle which is frustrating!

I'm currently under doctors which arnt really doing much. I get the odd bloating but this isn't consistent neither is the 'pain' or 'ache' it seems to change. Mine is like a gravity tight feeling not really painful jsut annoying! And in the way.

• Posted

Hi Georgina do you think both your and Pams symptoms are related or unrelated to your IBS?
    • Posted

Hi Georgina do you think both your and Pams symptoms are related or unrelated to your IBS?
    • Posted

Sorry the pain is constant but it can vary in how I'm feeling it.

I'm half putting it down to stress. I've not been diagnosed with ibs but I have anxiety.

It almost feeling like subconscious muscle tightening, as when I try ask relax my belly after a couple seconds o cam almost feel like something is tightening without my 'making it'

Strange and it's really getting to me. I had a terrible couple weeks a few week back with it where I was basicly worrying about it that much I jsut wanted to sleep. I guess that was my anxoety playing up to the max!

• Posted

I've had a ultra sound on my stomach liver gallbladder pancreas etc all came back clear also had bloods done for inflammation Cealic etc all clear.
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

Sounds awful you poor thing.

I have IBS for 15 years or so. Im 33. I have not come across that symptom you are describing and by the sound of its location it does not sound like IBS but i could be wrong.

Are you bloated continuously since the phantom pain arrived? 2 inches above does sound serious. Have you been GP?

• Posted

I have heard of pain in this area as well, I was more curious, as to if anyone had a constant pain that didn't change with eating or bowel habits in this area? Why does 2 inches above sound serious? 
    • Posted

Mine doesn't change with eating or bowel movements. all I notice if I don't go everyday I will bloat the next day after I don't go
  • Posted

Hi,

I get very same pain very often, its just always there, dull ache, if you press there is very tender. Usually when I have these symptoms i am full of gas, which is not fun! Usually alcohol, too much bread, STRESS make it worse. Also beltching. So I know exactly how you feel! Be strong, try not get too stressed about situation. Also I noticed the more I think about it the pain gets worse. Its not fun.

• Posted

Same the more I think the worse it gets! Also I feel it more the days I feel more stressed anxoety angry worried etc.

Although my belly isn't tender to touch

I also find it worse the more caffeine I have

• Posted

Thx for the reply, I do think stress is a huge factor unfortunately & the more it hurts, the more you stress & the longer it hurts the more you stress, it's a vicious cycle 😞
  • Posted

Hi

Now what I gave to say comes with the caveat that you have or will be seeing a doctor.

It us unlikely to be serious, as there really isn't anything in that area to worry about significantly. Assuming you have bloods done and all come back negative, then coupled with stress, it us more than likely IBS, which can affect all areas of the abdomen. Getting worried about it will be self perpetuating.

It could be IBS, or as simple as a hernia issue, or anything inbetween.

Best thing is don't worry, get checked, and more often than not the process of being checked out helps in my experience!

Good luck.

• Posted

I have never come across this myself. Since its the tummy atea like everyone is suggesting..didmt mean to alarm you pam sorry!

A constant ull ache does sound horrible..exactky what anyone needs on top of dealing with IBS symptoms hahahahaaaa life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.