post operation pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a hydrocele done on my my right side 9 days ago and overall it has gone pretty well. I have two concerns that I would like some help with from someone who has been tthrough the procedure to help put my mind at ease.

1. Most of the pain is gone but I stilI feel moderate pain up near the top where the scrotal sacksack was burnt or tucked (I'm not sure what they did I think she said they would singe it to stop it from coming back) It seems to be the worst when I sleep on my side but I can feel it throughout the day occasionally.I think I can feel it all the way around it. So I was wondering if any of you had this type of pain afterwards and for how long

2. My hydrocele was fairly large and it is swollen and heavy, which is normal, but the skin is very stretched and sagging and I'm wondering what it will look like in the end. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clayton,

Just wanted to reply to you and see if I can help at all. I had my surgery done on 10/31/14. It was probably close to 3-4 weeks before all the pain was gone. I would still have some soreness/pain at times along the scar line for as long as 3 months after, but this would come if I were really active running, playing sports or things like that. My hydrocele was about the size of an orange on the left side. It took a few months but the swelling all went down. Now you can look and can't tell I ever had one. The skin has now reshaped and it all looks pretty natural. On some really hot days, one side might sag a little, but this is the exception and not the rule.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to ask anything additional.

• Posted

Thanks a lot that makes feel much better about the finish product as far as appearance goes .

Did you experience any nerve damage or sharp burning pain at the top of the scrotum where the sac liner was cut or folded . Its not bad but if I press down on it or rub the area it doesn't feel right

• Posted

Yeah, what you're describing was pretty similar to what I experienced. As far as nerve damage, there is a bit of numbness at the scar, much like other scars that I have. It's not too bad and I got use to it fairly quickly. The pain at the top just eventually went away. It got a little less each day until one day I no longer noticed. I assume it would depend a little on your activity. I am a runner and I was back up and running after about 2-3 weeks.
  • Posted

Hi Clayton,

I'm 15 days after my operation and experiencing the extact same symptoms you have. I also developed a haematoma which I'm now on my third antibiotic to clear up which does seeem to be working. However, the pain and discomfort you describe is the same. As your now a few weeks infront of me are you feeling any better now?

Thanks in advance.

• Posted

Hi Clayton,

I'm 15 days after my operation and experiencing the extact same symptoms you have. I also developed a haematoma which I'm now on my third antibiotic to clear up which does seeem to be working. However, the pain and discomfort you describe is the same. As your now a few weeks infront of me are you feeling any better now?

Thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.