Can anyone suggest the permanent cure for IBS

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all

Iam 26 years old male

Iam suffering from IBS for more than 7 years.You all know how worse the problem is.It started during my college days in 2009. I tried many medicines but none of them worked!!!! My hurdles are not so severe but during some bad tym they give me a lesson.I am a person working in IT. U all verywell know how the person with IBS will be suffering .

My symptoms are

1.Daily i have to  spend  atleast 5 - 6  hours in washroom.During office hours it becomes really hard that i have an urge to use washroom after having food and tea...My bowel is not emptyed properly.Hiding the situn very badly if the colliques come to know they will make fun of

2. My latest symptom is  that i have started feeling very sharp pain at my back after some hours of sleep during night when i wake up it feels really hell i cant bear am not able to move  or turn around but the pain vanishes during daytime i dont have any issue and my legs have swollen lightly.I consulted many doctors some of them told to change the diet that to add veggies fibre content  some told to do exercise and some told its regarding with mental stress and some told all its my thinking but the actual thing is eveyrtime after i have the food i have an urge to go to washroom  some prescribed few medicines but none f them worked well.anyone could suggest permanet cure such as home remedy with no side effects stuff and all.Is there anyone facing same issue. Pls sugges tsome tips to get rid f this IBS  am really worried about this hectic  situation....

thanks and have a nice tym

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

There is no cure for IBS I have had it for about 8 months its trail and error with food buts its still really hard to figure out nothing works for mr as far as Medicine or probiotitis either so sorry no how you feel just hang in there and keep seeing your Gastro and push for more testing thats what Im doing so far no help though 
    • Posted

hi shelly thanks for the reply....I have a doubt is there any connection with BP and IBS.Just nw i  chcked my bp with digital bp monitor that are used in homes.its showing 174/111 at evening it showed 180/114 pulse is 115.Is this a serious one or should i check my bp with that analogue those doctos have bcos most ppl say that digital bp m onitors are not always not reliable....Thanks for your kind reply...Hope ur IBS symptoms vanishes within short tym............God bless wishing you healthy lyf ahead
  • Posted

Hi, some of the advice you have been given is good such as a change in diet. You need to have things such as high fibre breakfast such as shredded wheat or wholemeal bread and you need to have juice, cut out coffee and drink decaffinated tea or coffee.  As for the cause of your problems this can indeed be stress and you need to think back as to what was going on in your life when all this started. As an example when I gave up my stressful job my IBS symptoms started to disappear too.  You can actually get medicines from your local pharmacy now so it is worth consulting them. I wish you luck. Gwen
    • Posted

@ gwen hi thanks for the reply my symptoms started with sudden death of my grandfather on july  18 2009.Then my life was totally filled up with hurdles and diffuculties.Thn ma father again was a patient of CKD (chronic kidney disease)passed away on august 8 2013 then from 2009 to 2014 i was in a stressy situn.But for the past 1 year i was not that much stressed but yet IBS was haunting me continously till now there are no improvements.I have checked my bps at random it was high 160/90 lyk that 174/111 and 184/115 iam worried about that is there any connection with BP & IBS bcos my  father was a hypertension patient bcos f that he had renal failure.So iam worried about that,but i had perfomed urea and creatinine test(test related to kidneys) but everything was normal two one and half year before.Anyhow tommorow iam going to take the test again.Happy to hear your IBS symptoms got completely vanished.Have a happy & healthy lyf ahead
    • Posted

Hi Lonely. Life has this nasty habit of chucking some really diffcult situations in our direction at times and how they effect us are different for us all. Now that you have told me how your troubles started I actually think you have some mental issues that need to be addressed as well as everything else. If you haven't spoken to your doctor about past problems you must.  Have a look at the NHS web-site about IBS and also MIND about issues with your Grandfather and father. Please do as I suggested and speak to your pharmacist about help with your IBS. As for people who say it never goes away - they are wrong.
  • Posted

Hi, was told I had IBS about four years ago, and at one time I was really bad.  I couldnt go anywhere where there wasn't a bathroom, and found it really difficult.  I had a positive blood test for coeliac, but when I had the camera down my throat and a biopsy taken it was negative.  That is when my doctor said it was IBS although at that time I had been gluten free for 8 months.   Since I have been eating really healthy, I do eat gluten now but not too much, porridge for breakfast, lots of fruit and veg and avoiding any processed food, white bread cakes etc mine seems to have disappeared.  I do eat rice, preferably brown, quinoa and wholemeal pasta very occasionally without any problems, the only time it comes back is if I get stressed and then I normally have a flare up for a day or two, so try not to get stressed any more. 
  • Posted

If you are running to the bathroom a lot, you might be better to decrease your fibre intake.  Increasing fibre works with IBS C but it can make symptoms worse if you have IBS D.  Doctors can give conflicting advice that   works for some people but not others.
  • Posted

Hi Lonely guy,

Really sorry to hear about the difficult years you have had! Sounds really sad you have experienced loss, grief and death so young..

I agree with Phillipa that Doctors give conflicting advice when they should know that not every IBS sufferer responds to the same diet etc..

As Shelky said ALL of it is to do with trial and error. This means you should experiment with food to see where you can control your IBS symptoms. Abd you can!

Yes of course there is no cure for IBS if you have it but you can be almost free of the symptoms.. not a garantee but trying is nest method here.

Alot of people here have tried the FODMAP.. google it to find out about it☺ .

Start keeping a food diary.. its the best way to start seeing and identifying the patterns of your symptoms alongside what you eat.

Maybe monday you have fibre cereal and fresh fruit for breakfast. And you had a bad IBS weeek.

Maybe following monday have porridge and no fruit and see how you feel that week etc..

Thats how it works on a BADIC level. You do the same with lunch and dinner too.

Its a very slow process. Be patient.

Stress and IBS are enemies. When i get atressed it triggers my IBS.. but heres my problem..once my IBS is triggered ot brings on ananxuety attack of stress so its like a vicious cycle...

You seem to have been through alot my frie d. I am sure you are strong minded. You cannot and should not waste time and energy thinking what your colleagues will feel and act towards you if they find out. Thats is a form of atress to you. Only YOU matter to you. Nobody understands what IBS sufferers go through excrot us! The IBS sufferers.

I know the feelings of work and IBS episodes...ive had them all my life...at parties..in public..on the train..bus..even in my friends car on the road!

Its ok. You can deal with the situation when it happens. You have to. Its your life. But you can decide if thats a negative ir positive.

Take a deep breath.. go see your dr and soeak about your emotional state of mind and how serious this is affecting you.. dr are thete to support us..make them do their duty by you.

And let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi all!

Thanks for your kind replies

Day before yesterday i had a master health checkup since i was diagonosed with bp.I was advised to proceed with full body  check up and i did the same.The results were crystal clear and was diagonised with IBS and APD.narrated my historical  stressful situation from 2009 and finally they concluded it was so called STRESS the VILLIAN of my lyf  responsible for IBS.  I took  the test because my bp was terribly high during last few days as already said in above comments it was around 184/111, 174/110 lyk that so i was worried and was in dilemma of had any damage caused to kidney or heart.But the results are fine iam happy.As usual they had arranged for a councelling with psychatrist so that i can throw the stress from my lyf.They prescribed some probiotics tablets & some other capsules might be for against acid refux i guess.

The tablets are

1. Neopride Total

2. Cap . VSL # 3

3. Rifagut 200 mg

4. Amitone 10 mg

given for 1 week .

Another worry just started with neopride total .just now when i was surfing through uses of capsule some mentioned that consuming it may  have several side effects one common among them are erectile dysnfunction iam not married yet really worried about this issue how to prevent this type of sideeffects we cant restrict taking medicines but at the same time i cant take risk in my sex lyf which may  be a great hurdle for me after i get  married in future.So what to do avoid this type pf side effects caused by medicines hw can they be used safely.anybody taking same medicine for IBS.waiting for your suggestions

Healthy day have a happier tym ahead   

• Posted

Try two weeks without caffeine, tomatoes, strawberries and onions. I used to be able to say when I needed to go my tummy was that predictable. After 1 week of not having the first 3 I went 1 year with barely anything!!

I have had two really bad reactions in the past 2 days but they are telling me it's due to a mix of medication.

Let me know If you want any help

• Posted

@katrina 

what were those two bad reactions........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.