I HAVE IBS & I BELIEVE IBS IS CAUSED BY A BUG.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had IBS for about 17 years and I am convinced that all the erratic & chaotic bowel movements may be caused by as yet an unidentified BUG and I will give my reasons.

About 25 years ago people afflicted with Ulcers were placed on special diets. It was also believed that high strung people or type A personalities got ulcers.

Until the medical profession discovered a bug which caused ulcers and ever since then patients are treated with antibiotics.

IBS:

The same varied food diet treatments have been applied to all IBS PATIENTS. Diet! Diet! Diet! To no avail. The medical profession is unable to SAY WITH CERTAINTY what foods or what else may be causing IBS.

CONCLUSION

I believe science must continue to search for a possible bug which causes people to run to the bathroom at all hours of the day with all the embarrassment attended with it.

IT IS A BUG and this is just a lay person's opinion.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't help but agree with you, I developed a sickness and diarrhoea bug in hospital some five years ago and my bowels were never the same, as soon as I got home I knew something was wrong, I am sure they will find that ibs is caused by a bug, yours in support Fiona
    • Posted

Thank for your feedback and I am glad that you too believe that a bug causes IBS.  The more we talk about this the better things may turn out for IBS sufferers in the future.

I am so tired of hearing the same tired conversations on Diet & Trigger foods.  IT IS A BUG.

Thank You for your feedback

• Posted

you may well be right, when I first went to my doc with bad symptoms he asked if prior to any of it starting if i had any kind of stomach bug in the last few months, sure enough I had about 3 or 4 months earlier (and was not something I get regularly - don't think I'd had one for a few years before that) he seemed to its a fairly common way for ibs to start
    • Posted

Thank for your feedback and I am glad that you too believe that a bug causes IBS.  The more we talk about this the better things may turn out for IBS sufferers in the future.

I am so tired of hearing the same tired conversations on Diet & Trigger foods.  IT IS A BUG.  The medical profession is slowly coming around to the fact that IBS is now caused by a bug.

FYI there are certain medications. (antibiotics) that are now being made available for IBS.  You can look it up on the Internet.

​Thank You for your feedback

• Posted

I agree, my problems started in my late teens now 50. Mine started after a bad bout of food poisoning never right after
    • Posted

TKU for the feedback. I am glad more & more people are starting to talk about the bug.

For too long we are always talking about diet and trigger foods. They presently have an antibiotic medication to treat an IBS condition. You can look it up on the Internet.

I am looking forward to day when one can just take and pill and kill the Bug in our gut. Just like Ulcer patients.

TKU again

• Posted

Kill the bug in our gut! 😄 i really like that. It has a certain ring to it...

I have always been susceptible to tummy bugs..havin IBS.

How long have u researched all this for its certainly got my attention

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.