health concern

Posted , 4 users are following.

well when  i was pregnant i had gestational diabetes they told me since i already had while pregnant i can get it later on...in life so i have been trying to eat right even the healthy stuff have sugar....lately i have been feeling things on my toes and fingers like stabbing feeling i am hoping its not diabetes ...so wondering anyone things it sounds like diabetes but i wanted to ask doctor to test me

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I started off with gestational diabetes and it developed into type II. If u don't feel right go to docters and ask for test. I've never had to inject, been controlling it through diet. I'm on meteoric and have been for 14 years.

If look after yourself control your diet and do a bit of exercise you'll be fine.

• Posted

thanks for the advice i will do my best to start exercising monitor what i eat
  • Posted

My father was thought to have Big D after a long bout in the hosipital. We watched his intake and it was not Big D.

The best person to ask is your Dr. with out complete history and knowing what you doing and taking daily, we here are GUESSING.  I would not guess about Big D, I want facts.  If getting to the Dr is an issue buy a testing kit and start taking readings.

• Posted

Julie, rather than buying a testing kit which will be a big waste of Money if in fact you do not have diabetes, I would advise you to go to lloyds or boots pharmacy and they will test You for free. Feeling things on your fingers and toes not a common symptom of undiagnosed diabetes, more likely is major thirst, weeing a lot, weight loss, lethargy, and tiredness.

• Posted

thanks for advice will look in to that to get tested for free
  • Posted

If you think you are at risk then I would suggest you listen to yourself and your inner urging or intuition to start eating well - low GI, cutting out as much sugar as possible, increasing your protein intake, cutting down on carbs etc.   It will not do you any harm, you'll probably lose weight and your skin will be great, and you'll have more energy!
    • Posted

great advice will make better choice will find out what it is  hopefully not diabetes .and if comes ok 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.