Laxatives

Posted , 4 users are following.

What happens if someone takes a dose of colon cleanse and two (2) dulcolax together?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Personally,  I would stick to one type of laxative only and increase/decrease the dose according to the response you get from it.  If you take two of them together you could give yourself diarrhoea especially if they are strong medications.
  • Posted

Hiya Chelsea,

Have you been to doctor regarding what I can only presume is constipation ?

Are they over the counter medicines ?

I have diviticulitis and if I get an attack (through being constipated) I have to up my dose of Movicol sachets from one daily to 4 a day.

Just would like to find out why you need to take the medication you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Viv x

• Posted

Sighs actually im not constipated....

Im probably putting myself into harm

I was in gym and diet and lost about 5 pounds during the christmas vaca

And i weighed myself and i was at 182 sad *ik im large*and the next week *5 days later* i went back to 187 ....

I did my research and knowing that i did not eat as much as someone should to gain a pound a day i read that it is water weight

And i checked online and it said that laxatives wont help to lose fat but you will only lose water weight ....

So thats why i took the pills

And i noticed alot of solids.... and black parts which had me really scared last night...

• Posted

Aw Chelsea,

Please be careful.  You are really mucking about with your body.  Can you make sure you get to a doctors tomorrow ! I can only think of those articles in magazines when models take laxatives to lose weight.

You said yourself you are probably putting yourself into harm.

Can you let us know what the doc says to you.

Viv x

• Posted

Well i read about laxative abuse.... and .... i was planning to take more today

And doctors from where i am is a waste of time tbh

They will simply tell me diet and exercise and thats it

Plus i have school tomorrow

Sighs but thanks tho

• Posted

Chelsea - don't take any more.  Don't be daft young lady !

Do you have anyone at school/home you can talk to and support you about losing weight !

Please let us know how things are for you.

You know that losing weight isn't a quick fix - you have to work at it - but you have to be in a good place.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Chelsea - I also suffered from water retention, and I can tell you that trying to treat it with laxatives is useless, quite apart from the danger you are putting yourself in.  OMG, I think you would explode if you took what you suggested in your first email! Firstly, drink lots of water, to flush through your kidneys.  Then, reduce your salt intake, and try foods such as celery, melon, avocados, cranberry juice is good as well.  If you google about water retention you will find lots of good advice.  
    • Posted

I actually did take 4 colon cleanse capsules and 2 dulcolax tablets yesterday sad *mid day* and well i used the wash room like 6-7 times yesterday and twice today

But thank you for you advice I will google that and get more information

I look at the scale and seeing that amt go back up when your goal is to lose 50 pounfs makes me feel horrible and i just want to lose the weight and not gain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.