Valium dr has been wanting me to up my dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the past two months the dr has suggested I go from 20mg of Valium to 25mg I have been too scared to do this so today I'm going to try an extra 2.5mg. I'm been on 20mg for 3 years and I don't think it's working anymore so I've finally talked myself into this but honestly I'm scared. Anyone else have experience with going up in dosage and how did it effect you?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take klonipin and I wouldn't think it would be too much difference. I think it would make you more relaxed and sleepy to begin with. Is that the only benzo you have ever taken? I thought about trying Valium and getting off of klonipin.
    • Posted

Yes it's for my inner ear disorder aka meiners
  • Posted

I upped my dosage 3 weeks ago from 18mg daily to 20mg daily, it really hasn't helped in the slightest and seems to have made me feel extremely unsteady on my feet which isn't much help for someone who is anxious and struggles to go out.

The sedative effects were basically useless, I thought I might at least get some sleep but I still wake up ever hour in a panic.

Thing is having been on it for 17 years it's a case of high tolerance so the good affects are harder to get although the bad ones seem to be there.

Of course everyone is different, you might get good effects and find the increased dose useful but that is just my experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.