Test kits in cabin bags

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am off to malta via ryanair, I have multiplied

Pen is this okay to take or do I still need a doctor's letter

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's always good to have a doctor's letter to explain why you are carrying medical supplies.  I get one whenever I'm travelling, sometimes they ask me for it and sometimes they don't but I'm always prepared.

Cheers,

Pamela

• Posted

Hi Marilyn92910,

Further to the excellent advice offerred by Pamela27602, AND if you're travelling along with someone else, 'share' out your supplies and take it onboard as hand luggage.  Do NOT allow it to go into the hold of the plane as the insulin would freeze, rendering it useless.

Sharing it out amongst travelling parties is a safety issue in that if one of your bags gets stolen/misplaced/lost you still have suplies that you can count on.

It's good that you're taking multiple insulin pens.  When travelling you should always 'expect the unexpected'. i.e. allow for failure of a pen device, that it 'somehow' gets broken, is lost, that the insulin becomes cloudy, indicating that you shouldn't use it, etc.

Have a great time in Malta, ma'am.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick

x x x x

x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended, or alarmed a the 'x's'.  It's merely a logo, of sorts, that I've used for some 30-odd years now.

• Posted

I am type 2 diabetic and it should of read multiclik not multiplied rofl xxxx
  • Posted

Sorry that should of been multiclik lancet pen not multiple pens, I am type 2 diabetic
  • Posted

Dear Marilyn92910,

Please forgive me, ma'am.  I read it that you had multiple insulin pens.  What I believe you're referring to is the MultiClix Lancet Pen ... a lancing device for testing your blood glucose (sugar) levels.

I still hope you have a great time in Malta.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick

x x x x

x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended, or alarmed, at the 'x's'.  It's merely a logo, of sorts, that I've used for some 30-odd years now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.