Trying orlistat any advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on week two of taking Alli (orlistat) I've just noticed a change in my bm sorry if to graphic but I'm not looking for a fast weight loss but its depressing a yr ago I was 30 lbs lighter and now I'm in pain my knees can't handle the change in my weight what's the most anyone has list with or list a in a month or in general

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's lost with orlistat
  • Posted

Hi Tracy. I have just been for my 3 month review at my GP surgery. I have lost 19lbs in 3 months which my Doctor was a slow loss. I have been on Orlistat twice before and did lose the weight quicker. I have a underactive thyroid which slows down weight loss so my doctor thinks it could be that as Orlisat does afect the medication I take for my thyroid.

Everyone loses at different paces depending on how much weight you have to lose, look at it in the same way as I do each loss even if its a pound a week is great as long as we don't gain than we are doing something right. 

Just stick to the 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g fat per meal and eat plenty of fruit & vegatables etc and you should see the weight come off.

The pills do work but you have to work with them or you will get the dreaded side effects! You can treat yourself from time to time don't go without just in moderation. I have a treat on a saturday, its something to look forward to.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so very much I have been on mood stabilizers for two yes and _40 lbs later I'm miserable I do try to eat healthier but nights are hard I've opted for orlistat and Chinese tea it may be evasive but there is nothing that motivates me and that is so bad
  • Posted

I started 9 months ago and have just reached my 3 stone weight loss still another stone to go ... good luck
    • Posted

Congratulations I'm starting to feel like I can do this I'm ready thank anyone who wishes me well the motivation is out weighing the negative thank thank thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.