Anyone have same symptons as me with there stomach.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about six months now been suffering with stomach pains , started with dull ache above my belly button and rumbling stomach ,was given interest ion tablets to settle things down but after two months of same problems they sent me for a camara down my throat , that was about three weeks ago now , was told have some Barrett's and to up my interest ion tablets to 40 mg a day , but last week went back to my doctor because of still pain in my stomach so they changed the ppi to see if that helps , but as you can tell nothing has changed ,, still dull ache which sometimes get to a very painful peak , feeling bloated , was wondering could it be ibs as well  going on ? 😖😖😖 Really down about all this feel doctors are not listining . If anyone has or going through the same symptoms as me  advice would really help .cry

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have IBS and I get pain that moves all over my stomach, nausea, heartburn, constipation and sometimes loose stools.  Periods can also make my pain worse. Ask your doctor for an ultrasound, stool tests, celiac screening, colonoscopy/barium enema.  If you are bloating you should also ask for a pelvic ultrasound as well. But bloating can also be a symptom of IBS too. If all of these tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

Keep a food diary to see if any foods are causing symptoms and if necessary ask to see a dietician and get food allergy tests.  Stress can also trigger symptoms with IBS.

• Posted

Hello Philippa for your reply, 

Will ask my doctor about all those tests , I know I have got a lot of stress at the moment so that doesn't help .😖

• Posted

My IBS started because of stress and waiting for diagnosis made it worse.  My health anxiety disappeared after diagnosis and my pain reduced
    • Posted

That's good to here ! Maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel for us all 🤔
    • Posted

I had three and a half months to wait for a diagnosis.  However, after eight attempts, my symptoms were recognised.  I have one good doctor in my surgery and he was the the one who diagnosed me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.