ibs and pains under right ribs

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am getting pains just of centre under sternum and round and under right ribs after food. Does anyone else get this. Last month I had a ct with contrast of abdomen which was clear and also an ultrasound. But am very worried would help to know of others with same pain and ibs which I have had for years.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear maria39241,

I used to get this pain and sometimes it was very bad.

It turned out that I had a peptic stomach ulcer which was diagnosed with a barium meal test.

The GP soon sorted it out with some prescribed medicine.

It might be worth asking if you might have a stomach ulcer. My ulcer was caused by bad eating habits and worry!

I hope you feel better soon and that they solve your problem.

Best regards

bobcrachet.

• Posted

Dear Bob and everyone that answered. Helps to know you are not alone. Bob I had an upper endoscopy 2 years ago and found only a hiatal hernia I really suspected an ulcer. Latest ct found nothing so flexture syndrome could be it. I ate a lot of chocolates the night before but I was getting twinges before. Today it is pretty sore to bend and food does aggrevate it quite a bit of pain in back. I am not constipated so wondered if that rules out the colon swelling under ribs. Any advice appreciated

Maria

• Posted

Ive had pain in that location, but more right than sternum.

If it feels shallow, just under muscle it sound like colon. I've had pain in that area for 30 years, been getting it since I was 18.

GP and A and E have all said they can't give a diagnosis.

After much research, I think it's Hepatic Flexure Syndrome. Basically it's a big join when asending colon meets traversing colon. It basically goes in to spasam, twists and causes a blockage until it forces it's way through then pain goes.

Now this is my explanation for my issue. Look it up, it may help at least narrow it down for you.

Good luck.

• Posted

Dear maria39241,

You could easily be experiencing symptoms of is, we all seem to experience different symptoms.

We are all different and when you consider the vast array of bowel conditions the term is let's the medical people nicely of the hook.

You can easily get pains in places quite distant from the actual cause of the pain. The term for this appears to be referee pain.

My is gives me pain in the soles of my feet.

On a more positive note the following considerations help me.

1) I must watch my diet, avoid wheat, dairy, chocolate, alcohol, and strong coffee.

2) When I am really in trouble Buscot an seems to help.

3) I try to get as much sleep and rest as possible as getting over tired always causes to to experience an ibs flare up.

I am not medically trained but some of this might help you.

Best regards

bobcrachet.

• Posted

sorry for all the errors in the text Maria, the useless text corrector that this site uses keeps changing my text it alters IBS to is if put in lower case and changes BUSCOPAM to Buscot

what a joke.

Please tidy this up patient.Co. uk and stop changing my small c to a large c.

Unchecked software!

• Posted

They are not publishing my last comment because I am criticising their poor software.
    • Posted

Bob,

Your post went for moderation because you got our website url wrong so it was treated as an external link.

Regarding your issues, this is nothing to do with the site but whatever device you are using to post.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.