been on fluoxetine for 34 days now, should the anxiety be worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Woke up this morning, took my Fluoxetine, and within 15 minuets, my body was shaking all over, have been like that some days, but today was much worse, they have given me Diazepam, to help with the anxiety, but try and leave it till lunch time, and then only take half now, as when i took more, the feeling was worse when i was coming down off it.... It is a really bad day today, I have lost 12 ibs since January, making myself eat,but not eating a lot, used have a good appetite, but really felt sick this morning, full of wind,... I could quite easily eat nothing, but make myself eat... Don't want to socialize at all, but do try, feel very tired all the time.... Have been to see a Councillor for the 2nd time today...... This is the worse I have ever been in my life time, going to see my Doctor on Friday, he just might say up the Fluoetine to 40, Not sure i want to do this........ Have taken Fluoxetine before my Husband died, but I don't remember feeling like this, but then I wasn't as bad as this, come night time I seem to calm down a lot..... Can anyone tell me are these just bad side affects, and on average how long can it take to start making you

feel better.....x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilary

This sounds pretty normal for the timescale - you are probably half way there now & should start to feel better soon, buts it's a long process. There will be days soon when you start to feel good again then days when you think you are going backwards.  Just try to stay calm and let your body do what it wants, I lost nearly 3 stone on these meds but I put 2 back on over the year and now I feel great. Hang in in there it will get better x

• Posted

Thanks, I so appreciate the reasurance, I'm thinking there is something wrong with my health lately, as well as the anxiety, which of course does not help with the anxiety..... Hilary x
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on 10mg of Prozac and my anxiety was bad too and nausea for at least a week. Now my anxiety is back up again and I'm hoping it's just because that time of the month is coming this week.
  • Posted

Where did you get your script filled? I didn't have any trouble with shakeing until I picked up a script from costco. 40mgs.

Hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

That was my thought too...... Can you tell me where you get your script from?... cos I do beleive  this can happen.... cheaper brands !!.......Hilary x

• Posted

Im on day 1 of 40mg , but day 25 of 20mg, and from day 1 i have felt the shakes, dissiness, tight chest, foggy head all of the side effects that you can have from fluoxetine. My doctor says its normal, he gave me propanolol for the extra anxiety,,he says it will work and kick in in due time. Everyone is different , im trying to hold on as this sucks.
    • Posted

I'm on Prozac also, but I was on 10 now going to 5mg after being on it 2 weeks. My anxiety is horrible. Plus I'm coming down on Paxil.
    • Posted

Hi Jesika, on day 36, And had quite a better day yesterday, not as good today, but definately improvement, so here's hoping I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel...... so yes you hold on in there, there could be more bad days, but were there is a good day, there is definately a sign of more to come, then in the end all good days...... Hilary x  smile

• Posted

is this normal though, to feel worse before better, they were given to me for anxiety and panic. and in 25 days on 20mg i see no change, maybe worse. sad
    • Posted

I went really bad to start with, I still shake of a morning and feel anxiety, but it has got better than it was, still got no appetite and have lost weight, but according to a lot of people on this site it can be like this... haven't quite woke up like the other day, which was quite good, bit I am looking forward to that again, it can be up and down to start with, and yes you do feel worse before better....Hilary x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.