Possible bad reaction to Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, guys, I may be taken off Mirtazapine as soon as tonight. I shall keep you all informed. I phoned the weekend on-call doctor, about pains that I have been having in my hands, my formarms and my shoulder. The doctor asked, after going over details about my hands and arms, if I was taking any medicine, to which I replied Mirtazapine. She then asked if I had any strange races on my skin, and I told her that I get hives/nettle rash all the time, all over my arms, my body, everywhere, and that I get this at least twice daily. So, I am now going to see the doctor tonight, because they think Mirtazapine is responsible for my skin rash and my sore muscles, as none of these started until after I started taking Mirt.

Shall I keep you all updated?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sure keep us informed, you never know when someone else suffers the same as you are.  I'm glad that you were able to get an apt. for tonight.  Good luck

• Posted

Well what ever you do don't STOOP cold turkey whatever ANY doctor tells you!!  You know the way it goes, you've been on the forum and picked up the info I'm sure about discontinuation and the devistation it causes if stopped abruptly.

I hope the appointment goes well, not sure how they can lay nettle rash on Mirt, but will be interested to read more David.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your problems I was the one that said to you DONT TAKE IT it is an EVIL DRUG
  • Posted

Hello David,

I also have and had sore muscles on Mirt al the time i have taken them, till now.

Not the hives/nettle rash, but also weak muscles.

I follow your discuson here.

Wish you well x

• Posted

hey david,  How did that go ?  Where are your rashes starting ?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.