Hello Need Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am a 35 male 5'11 weigh about 224 ilbs. I just went for an endoscopy test and the gastroentorologist diagnosed with a large haital hernia and that my third esphagus was dilated and moderately tortuous meaning not too intense but twisted. Recently I have been put on PPI's with Prilosec. I'm on my 5th-6th day taking it. Lately have been trouble eating solid food a form of dysphagia. I can take liquids and soft mashed food. I am seeing my Doctor today to schedule a barium swallow test. I am concerned about my nutrient intake and bowel movement as i have been struggling to eat. I have been eating oatmeal and food in small portions. i'm trying not to worry as I do believe that Jesus Christ can perfom my healing no matter the situation. He will get me through this terrible ordeal so that one day I will testify to his glory and power. Any advice will be appreciated.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Not much I can say because basically everyhting they have tried with me failed. This includes all of the PPI's and H2 Blocker and based on all the test results I only have mild reflux on my esophagus, throat and mild gastritis. Chest pressure and lack of air plus sometimes back and rib-cage pain are my sysmptoms. Actually, I'm worse now than before.  I have also tried Pepsin HCI for low acid just in case, did not last a few days before I was feeling worse as well.  Now I see what the real cure is and you just mention it.  Jesus Christ is the answer no matter the situation.  I will post back when I get better very soon, because the answer to all of this is Jesus Christ. ;-)
    • Posted

Can you swallow because i have a form of dyshagia probably due to acid in my throat. I know by the Grace of Jesus that this can be fixed. I am eating small portions of food.
    • Posted

For now I can, but I can see that eatimg unhealthy foods does not help.  On vacation so all I'm eating right now is not the best for me. ;-(
  • Posted

Hi David

I have gallstones but they also found  a small HH. So, for 7 months I have been unable to eat regular food, just a few bland things liquidised as solid food sticks in the gullet and also makes my stomach hurt as though I ate broken glass. Terrible pain and bloating, palpitations etc. Never sure whether it is the Gb or th HH. I did losr some weight in the beginning, then the weight loss slowed right down as your body and metabolism adjusts. To keep well nourished I took nutritional drinks and food supplements. Although I guess it has done me no good, I'm still here surviving and OK, now I can have a few more foods again, without any other treatment, other than supplements  including oregano oil capsules. I am supposed to have Gb surgery soon, after a long wait, then if the HH is still causing symptoms, that will be looked into further.

A herbal colon cleanse tablet or psyllium can help with poor output, or ask your dr

for a product. Elevate the top of your bed at night and do not lift weights, avoid bending and this may help your HH stay down. Good luck with the further tests. 

• Posted

Oregano oil, olive leaf oil, multivitamins/ minerals, coenzyme q10, a branded digestive wellness supplement (they won't let you name them on here), probiotic every morning on empty stomach. For indigestion, charcoal capsules. I avoid gluten and have lactose free milk.  Everyone is different but these helped me.
    • Posted

So far did the barium swallow test. No obstruction. But my bowel movement is not functioning. I guess because of my liquid meals and soft food. I feel like it's hard to go pee no pooping on my 4th day. In the name of Jesus I prophesy healing. I am going to eat fiber see what wakes up my digestive tract. I am gonna try some Papayas tablet's let's

• Posted

I do have alot of bloating have lost weight. What can I take for bloating or constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.