Vein Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever had pain in the veins of their forearms? It hurst so badly and makes my arms stiff. It's a strange feeling, but I definitely know that it is my veins. My niece has the same thing.  Anyone know what this might be?

I have Printzmetal Angina and am wondering if these are related. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi amy, doesn't  sound related , but hey,  weirder things have happened and have been found related, I to suffer from prinzmetal angina , I have never experienced that kind of symptom in the veins of my forearms, may be a circulation problem and perhaps not prinzmetal angina but something more sinister ? ....sorry I don't mean to scare you, obviously you have had extensive testing done on your heart ?
    • Posted

always appreciate any input. thanks so much smile
  • Posted

Just being the devil's advocate here, but PMA is spasming of the vessels in the heart. There is no reason, if you are so inclined, that you couldn't have spasming in other vessels in your body also. When I was younger I used to give blood to the Red Cross. Used to frustrate all the phlebotomists as they would have to place my bag on a rocker - my veins would spasm, pain and shut down for anything up to a minute or so and without the rocker, the blood would start to clot before they had taken my donation. I also have the same problem when having blood tests or getting cannulated. I suggest your veins/arteries are hypersensitive - hence the PMA. It has been suggested Karva tablets help with these spasms but would have to be taken regularly and can produce liver enzyme problems.  .   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.