Tibolone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Im postmenapausal and have just be prescribed Tibolone as one of my symptoms is very low libido could anyone please tell me if this will help and if so how long will it take to kick in.  Secondly has tibolone got a higher risk of breast and womb cancer than the other hrt treatments.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've been on Tibolone for 2 years and my sex drive has increased but I wouldn't say it's as high as it once was. But an improvement definitely. Id say it took at least 6 weeks to notice an increase in libido.

I don't know too much about percentages on increased chances of cancer, any Hrt carries some risk. Some ladies on here who have had oestrogen fed cancer would advise against taking Hrt. Its an individuals decision risk v benefits really. I have had regular breast screens and all good so far.

Hope it works for you

• Posted

Tracy thank you so much for your quick response.  Im glad everythings ok with you I shall stay on it for a few months and see how I feel and just make sure I have regular checks.  Thanks again.  Sharon.
  • Posted

Tiberlone increases libidosmile

Tiberlone has a lower risk as it is a synthetic steroidsmile

Tiberlone saved my lifesmile

Tiberlone is wonderfulsmile

Loui x

• Posted

Sorry Sharon - hit send without asking how you have progressed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.