Chronic urticaria/angeodema

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 21, i'm female, 4ft 11" and as for my weight well im considered obese even though im not that large. Anyway last year about november time i began getting these itchy episodes they would last for a couple hours and be gone when i took a antihistamine, i then one night ended up in hospital because my mouth swelled up and well its safe to say i was doing my best kylie jennar impression.. I have since carried 2 epi pens with me at all times and been on a course of 1 anti histamine twice a day, however i have been told i can have up to six a day if it gets particuarlly bad. The doctor perscribed me this because i will literally have it every minute of every day and normally the tablets surpress it however lately i have had a infection of the kidney/bladder or a bowel bug and it is breaking through the tablets. 

The last time i went to the allergy clinic i was in so much pain i could not sleep in the two days i had to stop taking the tablet.. It hurts when i itch sometimes it can feel like sunburn.. In the last week i have been put on montelukest and its not helping much the first day it did but it is getting worse.. What i. Wondering is if my immune system is busy fighting something else / not working at full capacity could that be why my urticaria is breaking through?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 1Nina, I hate that you are going through this spell like the rest of us . At least the antihistamine s works for you , for me they doesn't work at all. Good luck with everything .
    • Posted

Hope you find something that does and their not working at the minute which is why i posted to see if anyone knows if its normal for them not to work when someone is ill 
    • Posted

No need to be sorry I appreciate the comments and how you cope, I always worry about steroids idk why its just me smile .. Do you get them on your palms? I always feel that and the soles of my feet are the worst sad but its good you haven't ^.^
    • Posted

I get them on my legs mostly, arms and the palm of my hands . Never the feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.