Hi I have had a Hydrocele op 6 days back.But there's too much pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

The size of my Groin is not reduced as was expected .. Any suggestion please 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ice and lots of it to reduce the swelling, and pain medication with codeine in it taken as directed.  Call your Doctor and tell him or his staff about your extreme pain and dicomfort.
  • Posted

I just had a total knee replacement on 7/11 and am scheduled for a hydrocelectomy scheduled for 9/8. How long should I expect to be out of work?Sorry, I wasn't replying I'm just nervous. I've already been out of work 7 weeks.

• Posted

Hi if your surgery goes well, you can start working from home in 3 days. You will be pretty mobile from day 2 but there might be some inconvenience in moving around. Op lease take as much rest as you need as an early recovery will be better than trying to get to work earlier and hence slowing down the recovery. Do what your body allows you to do. Just do not lift anything heavy or drive around for the first onw week. Good luck.
  • Posted

Like the other response said, use a lot of ice. Place the ice inside a plastic bag and wrap a handkerchief over it so it is not too cold when you apply it. Apply for about 30 mins at a time. Repeat as many times as you can. You can also see a different doctor for a second opinion. Good luck.
  • Posted

I had a hydrocele surgery 7 days ago. At this time, I have excruciating pain when I stand up. It's a charp burning pain as if someone was pinching my suture. However, the pain is almost none existent when laying flat on my back. It's the only position to get relief. Pain medicine is not relieving this pain. Is this normal?

I'm been told that the pain will go away between 7 to 20 days post surgery, but I'm not seeing any pain improvement. I have the same pain I had on days 2 & 3.

I really don't know what to do. Has your pain improved?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.