Inguinal hernia symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone

I'm 30 yrs old and had hernia ever since childhood

I've been fairly ill for about a year now

I feel nausea, dizzy, sensation of fainting, a bit of chest pain and feeling anxious when these feelings emerge

I experience all these symptoms on daily basis

I had to stop my work due to my symptoms

I dropped about 20 pounds since last July

I've done regular blood work and ecg

both exams are negative with good reading

Are these symptoms associated with my inguinal hernia?

Am I getting sick because of my non-reducatable hernia?

I would appreciate if anyone can share their experience with me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One more thing to mention

Everytime after sex, I feel pretty nauxious

especially after the ejaculation

Is it related to my inguinal hernia?

maybe it's blocking the blood flow too much?

The ultrasound shows that my inguinal hernia is nearing around the area of my epigastric artery

I feel pretty weak too

• Posted

Ok I had these symptoms too but was told not related, are you taking any anti inflammatory by any chance? Even something thing like ibroprufen?
  • Posted

Those don't sound like Inguinal hernia symptoms to me, And I had mine for 12 years. But if possible, get the inguinal hernia fixed and then you can rule out that, for possible complications. Getting it fixed is relatively minor surgery as far as procedures go. Surgery can be much more complicated and risky.

• Posted

so, inguinal hernia is considered as minor surgery right?
    • Posted

Usually it is. For most people they're in and out the same day. I ended up staying overnight because I had a reaction to the anesthesia. Nausea ,So that is a possibility, but afterwards, I was told that they wrote a new formula for me so I won't get sick the next time. ( If there ever is a next time.) Recovery's not too bad. You won't do too much moving around for two or three days, then you'll have to take it easy for 6 weeks or so. I was told "nothing heavier than a gallon of milk". But you can tell how well you're progressing. You'll still be able to drive, shop, light work, etc. 

• Posted

Each day gets easier
    • Posted

I would have to say no. Mine will b 2 weeks this Tuesday and pretty major have had hysterectomy gall bladder and id rank it right up there w them.

The first few days are rough but mine had lots of repairing and thankful it could be done laparoscopic very good surgeon!!!! Tons of swelling in stomach and much black purple bruising in lose extremities...

But I bruise easily my surgeon was shocked when I went back. Called asst in to see... Thankful and ready to move on and heal !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.