Just Started Orlistat

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Saw a different GP today as I've been having problems with my back. I've put on a stone since the start of the year as I had knee surgery and am currently 17 stone 12lbs and 5'9" tall. I've never been skinny but would like to get back to 13 stone, which is a good weight for me. 

I was surprised she suggested this (especially as I'd asked another doctor for it to help me lose weight before my knee surgery and he refused). She thinks my back and joint pain is from being overweight so it's worth a go. 

Really helpful to read the info here and looking forward to a good result!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a start weight and height the same as you, I had a knee replacement in 2012 and previously 2 laminectomies. I started swimming and gradually increased the lengths now I'm trying to do them faster.

I started these in March and also use My fitness pal and count calories, I have lost 20lb altogether, on average a 1lb a week which I am more than happy with. The main thing for me is it is coming off, I've only had one experience of oily mess, but I believe it's because I eat a properly balanced diet.

Hope this helps, I know we all want to lose very quick but slow but sure is the health practitioners recommendation

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for getting in touch Andrea. I love My fitness pal and when my back is behaving, I love the gym, swimming makes my back worse as I only do breast stroke! I've been trying low carb but high fat diet which had worked but then stopped so a massive change back to low fat for me. 

I'm a little nervous about "accidents" as I'm a theatre nurse so can't always just run to the loo lol. But that's an incentive to keep on the low fat and not risk it!

Slow and sure is the way to go - it's a lifestyle change beyond what the tablets can do. Nice to get that quick boost to keep momentum up though x

• Posted

I love swimming buy it does play havoc with your back. I've stature to walk for 30 mins during my lunch time too, trying to increase the pace a bit now but my legs gave been throbbing, painkillers before I go to bed help. You must do a fair bit of walking tho on your job anyway.

I'm yhink

• Posted

I'm thinking of joining a slimming club for some group support.

• Posted

I was thinking of doing the same but my time is limited and would rather have another gym session. I know what I need and should do. Wine is my downfall.....I should prob go to an AA meeting rather than a slimming club lol. 

Have recently discovered biofreeze, amazing for aches and pains, especially for the back. My work involves quite a bit of walking but also hours stood at the operating table, usually in awkward positions! x

• Posted

Hiya Dani, i am on these as i have back problems im 5ft and would love to get back down to 12 stone, i have been on them 4 weeks and lost just over a stone..

Dont let the orange monster efffect put you off on these tablets, just look at your fat intake etc and it will stop..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.