Me so Far ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

So having been told by the doctor I have ibs I have been trying to deal with it along with anxiety . without medication

My symptoms were gas upper stomach and side pains sometimes constipated .. sometimes just pains which lead me to think this is not ibs then setting off my Anxiety faulty breathing.

Horrible circle..

The funny thing was I went away for a week to see my folks and the day before I went away I went to see the osteopathy who worked on my back ..He talked to me about anxiety and something went in something worked..

I was so happy no more funny breathing...

Also my ibs was gone I felt great all week odd twinge but that was it..

Now home I felt it creeping back... sad I'm wondering if I'm stressed at home with the kids I really thought I was seeing the light..

Il keep going just have to keep telling myself it's ibs..

Just wanted to let you all know how I was doing..

xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

IBS can come and go.  When you were on holiday, you probably felt more relaxed and so the stress triggers were gone.  Once back home and into your normal routine, stress can come back and with it the IBS.  I always feel more relaxed on holiday and have less symptoms than I would when I am back in Britain.
    • Posted

Hi Phillipa

Thanks for your reply I'm assuming this is what is happening .. bit gutted as I thought I was clear..

I guess i should try stay stress free

How are you anyway?

• Posted

I'm in Italy just now and will be coming back to Great Britain in early September.  I've been away since the end of May.  My stomach pains have been very mild.  The warmer climate and daily exercise have worked a treat.

Sometimes IBS goes into long periods of remission but can come back unexpectedly.  Others get rid of it all together with lifestyle changes. My brother suffered badly with IBS for years and often took to his bed.  But now his symptoms have completely gone so long as he stays alway from uncooked potatoes in salads. Just as well since he is a plastic surgeon.

• Posted

Sounds very similar to me with my symptoms of IBS. I dont get funny breathing, I should be more careful in what I eat.

Does the pain move around your stomach?

• Posted

Hi mark what are your symptoms..?

I find this site very helpful and some great thoughtful people to help you along the way..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.